Thread: I dont know about you but I kinda feel like my EBR has a Brother from another Mother.

I dont know about you but I kinda feel like my EBR has a Brother from another Mother.

I dont know about you but I kinda feel like my EBR has a Brother from another Mother.
    IMG_0682.jpg IMG_2990.jpg

And they ride and drive very similarly! The 1290 SuperDuke is a BEAST but since I have a beast in the garage right now, it's the new 890 that is on my short list right now

Much better electronics on the Duke, but in all fairness, that was never Buell's strong point and it's had 6 years since this 'feature explosion' happened. Erik wouldn't have known what a 6-axis IMU was...

OK, Mr Smarty Pants... what is a 6-axis IMU?

Please explain it, like you are explaining it to a layman. I dont want to confuse njloco.

LOL Its a Bosch control unit that didn't exist when the EBR was just a gleam in Eriks eye. It's how the new bikes can have lean angle sensitive ABS, slide control, wheelie control, rear lift mitigation, blah blah.

Technology can build a bike that has 215 RWHP, and then immediately neuter it before the HP part gets to the RW part

Let me just say I prefer my technology to be in my brain that controls my right wrist. YMMV.

Like cooter said ,

An inertial measurement unit (IMU) is an electronic device that measures and reports a body's specific force, angular rate, and sometimes the orientation of the body, using a combination of accelerometers, gyroscopes, and sometimes magnetometers. IMUs are typically used to maneuver aircraft (an attitude and heading reference system), including unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), among many others, sport bikes and spacecraft, including satellites and landers. Recent developments allow for the production of IMU-enabled

So, it’s an interociter?

Look carefully and you’ll spot the Professor from Gilligans Island.

coil.jpg
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 10-02-2020 at 09:16 PM.

I'm not confused, I just can't understand what they said !

Last edited by njloco; 10-03-2020 at 02:27 AM.