Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: New Buell for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I'm looking for SKF bearings if I can find them. Thats the brand Twin is selling. 6203-2RSH. They should be able to be sourced in the US... however if push comes to shove, Twin sells them for about $10 USD each.
    yeah I know this thread is old BUT

I was looking for something else and stumbled across this. for whoever cares Timken 203FF from the on line Giant about $7.00 get it by tomorrow with free shipping US made and if you play with singles use the same bearing on the Blast front wheel with a 17.5mm id 24mm od x 4mm thick spacer on the outside of each bearing same load ratings and way easier to find than the 62203-2rs
    Last edited by cvc; 07-26-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Hope like hell...

The 2006 I'm in process of getting doe'snt have ANY bottom, top, or any other fits. Employer loaning me the money for my new to me ride; a 2006 XB12Ss, with 4,000 miles on her.

OK, well it looks like some progress is happening with the sweet lil methbuell.

My parts came back from powdercoat:
    modules, upper and lower clamps, seat rails, tail (chopped) fork uppers, shifter, brake lever, kickstand, footpegs and some other little random parts.

Out of my collection of motors I decided to find a front head for the motor I had kicking around. Its now coming back together, slowly. This motor is just going to be stock with XB9 primary gearing (maybe).

The forks are also coming together nicely. New bushings and seals installed. I just need to get a pair of copper washers to seal the legs.

I sent out the injectors to Aagaard Motor Foundry for testing and cleaning. I hope to have those back next week.

Pics to follow but she is coming back together.

Yay Meth!
    FYI you can get a whole kit of those copper sealing washers from the Harbor of Freights for $2.99.
    Post pics!

It is time to put the frame back on the motor.

86D69B3E-50DE-47AF-ACE0-93F2AE7B805D.jpeg

......It sure is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    ......It sure is.....
    You j3rk! I’m going to report you for hurting my feelings.

Tomorrow is the day the frame goes back on. I almost forgot the O2 sensor again.

Well, here is the latest update to the methbuell project. I finally rebuilt the forks and got them back on the bike.

1.jpg

SCG forks are a bit of a pain to do, due to the short stroke of the damper rod. I normally use the Traxxion spring compressor tool, but the flat piece was too thick to hold the rod up. If you have an SCG, this Amazon cheapie would probably be the better choice, as the flat part looks a lot thinner than the Traxxion one.

https://www.amazon.com/MOTORCYCLE-FO.../dp/B00P8JQH78

So, I was getting ready to replace the front wheel and realized it needed some attention also. I was going to replace the front wheel bearings, but they feel fine. I did remove the rotor, and clean all of the brake dust from the wheel, rotor and rotor mounting components. Like just about every XB I've owned the hardware was all jammed up with brake dust and crud. After a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner, ever thing went together smoothly. However when I torqued down the bolts to spec the rotor still moves about 1/16-1/8" when I push on it. What could be wrong??? I followed the service book to the last detail. heheheh

You guys aren't learning, there is no beer in the picture !
    Last edited by njloco; 11-24-2021 at 01:05 AM.

I'm taking some extra T27 bolts to toss under it when he's not looking.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast