Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New Buell for me.

the mail has been sucking lately with either services...get her done, you're wasting daylight! lol

Well, the heads returned from Hammer last night, so I can get the motor built up. Still a little dirty, but I can resolve that. It also looks like they smoothed out the ports on the intake and exhaust.

Now, I am just waiting for Aagaard to get me a mailing address to get the injectors cleaned.

I also received a package from St Paul with replacement fork seals and bushings. Woohoo!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 12-15-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Heads are back on, waiting for the injectors to come back from Aagard. I almost forgot to install the head temp sensor. I cant seem to find the one off the bike, but I'm probably better off ordering a new one from St Paul anyhow. Its somewhat amazing to realize how that little single wire sensor can keep the engine temp in check in this application.

You want more wires? I got more wires.

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 4.56.19 PM.png

Injectors are cleaned and test within spec. Chaz said he was able to improve the spray pattern considerably and balanced the output. They were ultrasonically cleaned and include new filter baskets and orings. The turn around was super quick, and I expect to see the injectors back later this week. And all for $40 + shipping.

Double thumbs up to Aagaard Moto Foundry

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...undry&p=625967

Garage Status - 3 Buells - none have engines.

3 buells.jpg

The red one in middle should be running this month (as soon as Cooter ships me that damn part!!!)

I should have the silver one running in mid-Feb when the parts get back from Hammer.

The one on the left is a little meth whore that will live in the garage for a while, until that mike lowary character gets his motor figured out.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 01-06-2021 at 03:11 PM.

You should buy a Buell parts bike to throw together in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    You should buy a Buell parts bike to throw together in the meantime.
    So, because I'm a knucklehead, I took Cooters advice and bought yet another Buell. The idea is to put the motor I am currently building for the meth bike into this new bike. Its a 2004 XB12S with seeming very low mileage and from what I understand sat at a dealer for too long and was basically abandoned. The seller was super cool, legit and a nice guy overall and hooked me up.

Anyhow, one of the parts that was missing was the header. Cooter said he had a header from his new SS with a small dent that he sent me pics of. Unfortunately, the dent is much uglier in real life... but it will be fine for this project.

So the frame is back on the motor, and I should hopefully have it buttoned up this weekend. And yes, the bike will have matching wheels... the gold one was just left on there to keep the fork from dragging on the ground.

PRO TIP- Do not forget to install the O2 sensor after you get the frame back on.

redbuell.jpg
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 01-21-2021 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Unfortunately, the dent is much uglier in real life...
    Unfortunately, you are too.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast