Thread: New Buell for me.

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    So, more tinkering with the beast reveals it needs a new battery. I have never seen such a dead battery in my life. I think a block of wood holds more current than my battery.

I figured out the wiring and it now starts and sort of runs. It will run on carb cleaner starting fluid. I’m pretty sure it’s my fuel pump not putting out enough volume and/or pressure. I hate replacing parts as a means of diagnosis, but in this case, it’s probably a faulty pump.

Do I:

Buy a $45 fuel system pressure gauge? And continue the diagnosis? So, the total is $45+$189. Best case scenario, I get the gauge and it verifies the fuel pump is still good. However it’s still a 14 year old pump that really hasn’t been treated well over the years.

Just buy a new fuel pump and call it a “known good part”? $189 for a quality kit from a quality guy. What’s his name again??
    This is where I'm at. Finally got around to ordering rocker box gaskets, intake seals, O2 sensor, and have plugs, wires, pcv valves/grommets ready as well. Once I get that all on I'm going to probably just go ahead and order/replace the fuel pump, since I think it's starting to fade. I really wish it would just quit instead of dying a slow death and making me wonder. I'm also curious if it's always been on it's way out ever since I bought it last year, and I could be unleashing a monster...Anyways, once all that is done I think I'll feel man enough to ring up Fabio for the Hellfire exhaust system he claims will give me 140 hp to the wheels on stock tune...
    Last edited by RidetheLightning; 10-12-2020 at 04:05 PM.