Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Buell for me.

Even though they are little things, thats still a lot of progress, good job man I got my fingers crossed you can get the top end back together without too much issue.

You know what it is... its that damn mike lowery guy!!!! He is going to make me spend $10,000 on the motor.

First, its "just replace the crank.. the 2008+ up models are much stronger and lighter!"
    Then its, "well since you had to split the case, you should just get the cases bored for a 90in kit."
    Then he's like "well, if you're going to do all that, you may as well as get some good headwork done!"

He's a troublemaker, and I don't like it... not at all. Kind of like Moms and Radiohead.

Seriously though, later this week, I will hopefully have a clear path on whether the motor will be a cheap fix or not. Or if I have to take the mike lowery path down the slippery slope of engine mods.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 11-02-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    You know what it is... its that damn mike lowery guy!!!! He is going to make me spend $10,000 on the motor.

First, its "just replace the crank.. the 2008+ up models are much stronger and lighter!"
    Then its, "well since you had to split the case, you should just get the cases bored for a 90in kit."
    Then he's like "well, if you're going to do all that, you may as well as get some good headwork done!"

He's a troublemaker, and I don't like it... not at all. Kind of like Moms and Radiohead.

Seriously though, later this week, I will hopefully have a clear path on whether the motor will be a cheap fix or not. Or if I have to take the mike lowery path down the slippery slope of engine mods.
    You forgot cams. Gotta get decent cams...

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    You forgot cams. Gotta get decent cams...
    I know a guy....

You're only gonna make 114HP with his hand-me-downs

You should shave off all the mounting tabs to save weight too!

You’re only jealous because he made a cigarette lighter for my truck out of magnesium!

Ok, so it looks like I am going to get sidetracked by my S1 project and will have the split the cases on that. I really don’t have enough room in my garage for two disassembled Buells, so this is going to go on the back burner for a bit.

Last night I put the bike back together “finger tight”. This way I know where all the parts and fasteners are and where they go. Even though I had them all sorted in boxes and baggies, this is much easier to work with.

866AE936-F5D0-4597-855A-5C8C1B9047D2.jpeg

I think bikes look so good without a headlight. Does that make me weirder than usual?

That is not what makes you weirder than usual. Not liking a headlight on a motorcycle is probably more of a symptom. But, another piece of the puzzle falls into place.

But if that’s the look you are going for, I have a bunch of parts you can have.

Toggle switch mod for ignition
    Retro performance headlight housing with krypton/palladium ion magno-reflector lighting element assembly.
    Heavy duty thick aluminum grips and pegs for when you can be bothered to use the kickstand.
    High bypass oil cooler scoop
    Hyper light weight racing pulley cover made from some high tech co-polymer of bonded hydrocarbons.
    Racing gas cap and rear seat lock with light weight security key.
    Racing cylinders with grooves to provide full oiling at high rpms and compression release at low rpm. Don’t mention these outside of this forum as I nabbed them from the skunkworks division while Erik wasn’t looking.
    Rear race tire with ultra hard compound and special tread profile for increased stability during long straightaways.(not AMA legal)
    Front race tire with golf ball profile for added aerodynamic efficiency.
    Prototype High performance forks with total loss stanchion oilers.

These parts all available for local pickup in Scottsdale, AZ for 30% more.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 11-08-2020 at 06:24 PM.

So, I think i found a new heart for tweaker bike. I’m getting good at swapping motors on these!

D6A53537-8B33-4C63-BC4D-505CADC0101C.jpeg

Last edited by 34nineteen; 11-08-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast