Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 XB12R turns over but won't start after sitting several years

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    If you don't have the skill to fix it yourself, you'll take a BIG hit on price without it running.
    Or try another shop, sounds like a hack place.
    They probably have a line of biker guys writing blank checks to put more flames and skulls on their bikes. Which I’m not knocking, because if I could figure out how to do it for a business, I’d do in a heartbeat.

Taking an odd duck bike with a reputation for being unconventional and difficult to work on, to a bunch of guys who probably rejoiced the day Harley “finally” got rid of Buell is not the sort of group I want working on my Buell.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 11-07-2020 at 04:15 PM.

Take it to a place that will put flames and skulls on your Buell.

Where’s that pic of the “carb conversion XB”?

They’ll put a Mikuni 48 carb on it, replace the ignition switch with a toggle, and cut the muffler off. So rad!

Wait! Isn’t that just a Hell-Fire Stage 3 setup?

Yes, from the Neighbor-Hater line on the open exhaust page

Good news. I rescued my bike from the "V-twin shop" and took it to Rev-Mo, which is what I should have done in the first place. The moment I walked in I could tell Rev-Mo is where I wanted to be - a place that loves Buells.

They fixed the electrical issue, replaced the fuel pump, cleaned the injectors, hooked me up with the XB-SC slip-on muffler with chin spoiler brackets, Buelltooth, and a tune. Now it looks, sounds, and runs better than it ever has. All for a very reasonable price. Massive kudos to Dave and Rev-Mo.

While I was there I demoed one of their quickshifter kits, I think I may add one next year.

I won't argue with that! Theres a reason most new performance bikes have them as OE At least I won't get the "Won't it kill my transmission?" question nearly so often anymore haha.

Happy you found a good place to go and get her back to tip-top.

Thanks for your help! I'm happy too...Mrs. Hoolie, not so much. She thought I had finally got rid of the bike & is pissed that I'm now excited about riding again.

Quote Originally Posted by cpt_hoolie View Post
    Good news. I rescued my bike from the "V-twin shop" and took it to... - a place that loves Buells.
    This ^^^^^^^^ is exactly what I mean about finding a motorcycle mechanic. Not all V-twin shops love Buells... even the ones from which they came.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    not all v-twin shops love buells... especially the ones from which they came.
    fify

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12