Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 AMA Champion on the new Buell 1190HCR

2020 AMA Champion on the new Buell 1190HCR

I think its interesting that he has "Buell Motorcycles" painted on the side of the bike rather than "EBR". As I understand it, Buell is owned by Harley and EBR is owned by LAP, so he's supporting Harley?

If it says EBR somewhere, I dont see it. Also, not a good sign for supporting a brand or being sponsored.

I just think he's awfully skinny to carry them huge huevos all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I think its interesting that he has "Buell Motorcycles" painted on the side of the bike rather than "EBR". As I understand it, Buell is owned by Harley and EBR is owned by LAP, so he's supporting Harley?

If it says EBR somewhere, I dont see it. Also, not a good sign for supporting a brand or being sponsored.
    Yep...I noticed that also and wondered why it had Buell on it

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post

LAP bought rights to the Buell name as well.

Bought the Buell name from Harley when they bought up EBR?? I wonder why?

buell Schmuell--I bought my EBR on the special $16,000 special deal in 2014. What a rip. Something about Hero motors and devious Indians and over night my bike was worth Jack. And an orphan. I talked to several dealers and they were majorly choked at the whole deal. Maybe it will be a collector someday. Heck in 6 months I will own it.

(Meantime 3419 offers me $1700 bucks)--

that works out to 1 dollar/per mile plus tires (.10/mile) plus fuel(.06/mile)plus loan interest and insurance (.15/mile)--so say $1.50/mile for 15,500 miles.

Spendy ride--future garage find.

Opto

Man you got some bad timing but there was NO ONE who was happy about that deal The audacity of the whole scheme boggles my mind. I honestly believe it was their plan from the start.

Maybe riding it is what you need? Get that ol' spark back (PUN!) But really, go for a cruise, maybe you remember why you got it again?

I thought $1700 sounded fair for a vehicle with a title lien, multiple issues with the master cylinder, that was devalued drastically overnight, and could potentially be an orphan again if EBR falls apart (again). Its not like you can go to a Harley dealer and order parts for it. And its not like a motorcycle dealer is going to have any interest in it.

Then again, I have no idea of what you think is a fair price for it, as all you said was "make an offer".

All the master cylinder issues have been resolved. The local HD guy offered $6500 for the Uly and the EBR on a trade in. The online listings for the EBR range from 4-7K so there is that. Yes always some wishful thinking on my part but $4,000 would be nice.
    You could always buy my '38 Bugatti for $300,000--no parts or dealer network for that beast either.

Probably best to take Cooter's advice and just ride the wheels off of it. Quit whining and take my lumps.

Like I said, it will make an interesting Barn find a few years down the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast