Thread: M7RR vs Roadtec 01 SE

M7RR vs Roadtec 01 SE

Has anyone run both of these tires, preferably on the same bike, even better an XB?

For my '09 XB12R. I ride reasonably hard in the Twisties, often on rough/damp/or gritty roads. I'm not a straight line hot rod, generally not running wide open in the middle of the tire, but often hit steep (for the street) lean angles at large or full throttle opening. I ride from about 40f to about 90f, usually dry, but I don't turn around when it rains.

Not sure if there is a huge feel difference between the two, or if I need the extra grip. Most of my mileage goes on my Honda, but would still rather get more miles than less.

Thanks for any input.

But do they make a 240? How did you know about my pajamas?

He's saving on kickstand wear with that flat spot, and how DARE you mess with King Kenny!! LOL

IMHO, I have never had a better road tire on an XB than the Michelin Pilot Road 5. The sides are plenty soft to confidently go edge to edge on a dusty, leafy, gravelly, street, and the center is hard enough to do lots of highway and not look like that ^^^, Haha.

I'm a 9k+ hard miles and still has a nice crown and some tread left. I'll see if I can get a current pic for you. The $ is WELL worth it.

Sportbike Track Gear, and Rocky Mountain ATV are the best places for cheap brand name tires, IMO.

Lol. That was a great response Barrett, I got a good laugh. I'm currently considering T31 Evo GTs for my st1300, but my alternate option was the Road 5. I hadn't considered them for the bolt, but maybe that's a mistake. In all honesty, I have virtually no chicken strip on my ST, and about 3/8" on the Buell, so I guess I'm not Ricky racer. I figure some of that is up to the greater limits of the bolt. It has 7 year old M3 sportecs on it that have never let me down and worn pretty well, but haven't provided all the feel I'd like. I attribute some of that feel issue to them being past their expiration date (I've only had the bike for this season and never experienced the tires fresh).

I've had the rear slide on me under power a few times at pretty steep lean, and they always recovered nicely under steady throttle.

Avon Trail Riders--best yet on all levels for the Uly

Opto

I'm thinking any sport tire is good enough for street duty.

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    I'm thinking any sport tire is good enough for street duty.
    Now-a-days I agree totally. Tire tech is phenomenal, all you need to do is set your sticky/ mileage balance to what you want and theres a tire right there for you.

It's pretty remarkable I can go almost 10k miles on a tire that will also confidently hold a corner all the way to the edge on crappy street pavement.

Thanks for all the input folks. I might start looking for deals on road 5s...

I found a decent deal on M7RRs and ordered them, I'll update this thread with my thoughts and mileage.