I recently became a first time Buell owner, a '06 Blast and I am officially converted. Ive been spending hours on this site (and others) reading; I certainly have alot to learn for sure. All I know for sure right now is that I want to mod this bike and create a sick ride! I favor street fighters, some cafe racers...hell I know it when I see it. Ezblast posted a pic of his ride in 2015, pretty tight indeed. Some day Ill show yall my vision... I guess what I need is direction and advice really from those who have gone before me. I mean logistically where do I start? Builds occur incrementally (unless youre very wealthy and Im not) so how do I prioritize my to-do list? My bike has after market parts the previous owner(s) installed and sat unmaintained for about 1 1/2 years. Obviously I need to sort out basic issues...but, as I said, Im no expert so is there formula or standardized list of maintenance/service which I should follow? The exhaust and muffler (Vance&Hines) were done as was the air intake. I have no idea if the mods were done correctly and/or in the right sequence... For instance when I removed the carb for cleaning I noticed the idle speed adjustment had been drilled out but the jets and needle appeared to be stock, nor was it shimmed. The carb needs refurbishing/upgrading...but this is what Im uncertain about in a nutshell: wtf do I do first?! Id like to hear some practical, common sense advice from knowledgeable people who have experience and are willing to share. Thank you all for responding, I look forward to reading them.