Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Head lights again !

Tequila City with vacation home in Bourbonville
    Hey NJ, thanks for posting your setup and results. Looking at the pattern (only on pavement) do you think they are hard on oncoming drivers? Pattern doesn't look focused to avoid oncoming driver blindness(??)

And yes, I am persistently trying to hijack the thread :-). Still interested if anyone has experience with the lights from https://www.lightningleds.nl/webshop/buell-xb-9-12-s

From the photos, I don't see much oncoming issue from the low beams. The high beams do look like flame throwing blinders. Also not wild about 6000K color. The higher the Temp, the worse for both depth perception and haze penetration (according to the research).

I really wish someone would take a proper wall shot of these so we could get a better idea of pattern and lux output at distance. These seem to throw a lot of light in the foreground which gives the impression of brighter headlights but doesn't always translate down range. Guess I'm just spoiled by all the companies that do comparison tests for car projector headlights.

Answer is no, they aren't hard on on coming traffic. When I ride down my residential two way street it lights up from one side of the street to the other. When I put the brights on it focuses more to the center but still lights up the sides, I love them, way bigger improvement over stock. There is no parking light on my 08 ully, that is what the hallo is supposed to be hooked up to.

Tequila City with vacation home in Bourbonville
    Thanks Loco for the help and encouragement, and of course supporting my thread jacking.

I ordered Marcel's lights at https://www.lightningleds.nl/webshop/buell-xb-9-12-s . He tells me they are about 5000K color (lower is better for me) and have a very sharp cutoff for oncoming drivers. They are more expensive but happy to help fuel a Bueller keeping our twins thumping a bit longer.

Good idea Pitcher - I'll post 25 ft before and after patterns.

For better or worse, I just ordered what they said was the "last one" of the KUQIQI projector LED's on Amazon.
    That little trick got me to bust a move on ordering. I just now looked back, and see that there are a few more now.HaHa, jokes on me! I feel so naive,lol. I rather like the look of the stock headlight grill on my Uly, I wonder if it can be re-bent/shaped to fit? Thanks njloco for the find.
    Last edited by TheWood; 09-10-2021 at 10:43 PM. Reason: forgot to thank

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Thanks Shaughn, but that one apparently only works for the led assembly that they sell. I bought the headlights that njloco started this thread about. But..... I would only want to either use the stock grill, or nothing. No offense, but that cheap 3D printed plastic one reminds me of the Bat Signal in the sky over Gotham city.

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 11.45.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 11.48.37 AM.png

Keepin' Buell Classy

There was another one meant for thinner headlights too. Also 3-D printed, but I do hear ya and agree. Can you manipulate the wire of the OE one? Seems like brazing it to fit could be a simple project and easier than fashioning some type of clip.

LOL! Yeah, I'm pretty fussy with the details. If you need to use duct tape, at least use the Camouflage version so you don't see it.

Once upon a time Target had duct tape with Justin Bieber with a pink background on it and I think I bought them out just to stick on other peoples stuff.

Hey, got some duct tape?
    "Absolutely! Got some right here!"
    Ummm, no thanks....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast