Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Head lights again !

Lightning won't fit, it's none of those but thanks.

It basically looks like a fender but it's very short, most fenders go all the way under the seat and continue down to the front of the swing arm, this doesn't but looks like a typical fender. It holds the license plate and turn signals on and keeps the wet pavement from spraying all over your back.

I think you'll like those headlights.

Those 2 links I sent are supposed to fit the Uly and are fairly short and look to hold the license plate. One is $20-ish shipped, but has been cut up. The other is $40 and looks pretty original.

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 12-20-2021 at 03:43 PM.

That's it ! Looking for a used one in good shape.

I’ve been running the KUQIQI headlight units for about a season. They’ve hung in there for everything I’ve thrown at them (mostly bugs). Here are my observations:

CONS:
    - Make sure you’ve got a ¼-20 tap on hand during installation, because odds are you’ll need to chase some threads. My unit didn’t have the mounting holes masked during paint. Caused a great deal of frustration for me.
    - The upwards cutoff is sharp, which hurts a bit for seeing where you’re going when you’re doing sharp, low-speed turns in the dark. Guess that means I need to invest in some auxiliary lights, huh?

MIDDLE-GROUND:
    - The light output of the lo-beam is bright, but I want it to be just a bit more. It’s usable, don’t be mistaken. Way better than the stock halogen units. I suppose that if I wanted the equivalent of a Harley Daymaker headlight, I should’ve ponied up the cash for one. I’d say it’s worth the $200 price tag.

PROS:
    - Simple installation. After I got the threads chased, of course. Hah! Out with the old and in with the new. No problems with fitup.
    - Hi-beam is DAZZLINGLY BRIGHT. Initially I was disappointed by the pattern of the hi-beam (it’s just a simple spot). But when I got on the street I was blown away by the laser beam they stuffed in this thing. Turning on the hi-beam is like turning on the sun.
    - Halo-style daytime running lights look AWESOME. I know that there are mods that I could do to only have the DRLs on when I’m riding, but I’m not really at the point where I want to mess with that.
    - I feel safer because I know I’m going to be seen.

FYI: You cannot run the stock headlight grille on the KUQIQI LED units. The aftermarket headlight housings are wider than OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by DozerBoy View Post
    I’ve been running the KUQIQI headlight units for about a season. They’ve hung in there for everything I’ve thrown at them (mostly bugs). Here are my observations:

CONS:
    - Make sure you’ve got a ¼-20 tap on hand during installation, because odds are you’ll need to chase some threads. My unit didn’t have the mounting holes masked during paint. Caused a great deal of frustration for me.
    - The upwards cutoff is sharp, which hurts a bit for seeing where you’re going when you’re doing sharp, low-speed turns in the dark. Guess that means I need to invest in some auxiliary lights, huh?

MIDDLE-GROUND:
    - The light output of the lo-beam is bright, but I want it to be just a bit more. It’s usable, don’t be mistaken. Way better than the stock halogen units. I suppose that if I wanted the equivalent of a Harley Daymaker headlight, I should’ve ponied up the cash for one. I’d say it’s worth the $200 price tag.

PROS:
    - Simple installation. After I got the threads chased, of course. Hah! Out with the old and in with the new. No problems with fitup.
    - Hi-beam is DAZZLINGLY BRIGHT. Initially I was disappointed by the pattern of the hi-beam (it’s just a simple spot). But when I got on the street I was blown away by the laser beam they stuffed in this thing. Turning on the hi-beam is like turning on the sun.
    - Halo-style daytime running lights look AWESOME. I know that there are mods that I could do to only have the DRLs on when I’m riding, but I’m not really at the point where I want to mess with that.
    - I feel safer because I know I’m going to be seen.

FYI: You cannot run the stock headlight grille on the KUQIQI LED units. The aftermarket headlight housings are wider than OEM.
    Sweet! Thanks for the input on that. I'm always skeptical on LED light quality when purchased through Amazon or eBay, especially when its not a well-known brand. I think mine arrive in a week.

Did you notice a space between the back of the light housing and the module/fork? This light appears to be much slimmer than the stock unit.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Did you notice a space between the back of the light housing and the module/fork? This light appears to be much slimmer than the stock unit.
    If you look from the side, there is definitely a gap where light can get through:

Uly Closeup.jpg

Yup, i see it. Probably the only downside to it, but not a deal breaker.

Sharp looking Uly. Looks like it means business.

Tequila City with vacation home in Bourbonville
    My Christmas gift to you all are yet more headlight pics. These are from Marcel @ https://www.lightningleds.nl/
    Pricing was E250 or $309 total to the door.

Pro's
    - WAY better than stock on both Low and High. These Ligthning LED's have opened up night riding for me. Not something I was comfortable with Stock.
    - Both Housings are Lit on both Low and High.
    - High beam keeps Low's on as well.
    - The new Low Beam is better than the Stock High
    - New High beam throws at least twice as far as the stock Low.
    - Peace of mind that it wasn't another one of my Jethro Retrofits (HIDs) waiting to rear it's temperamental head at the least opportune moment.

Con's
    - Not OEM quality. Rougher finish, bit larger than stock, plastic lens might not hold up over time (?)
    - Pricey

My photographer seems to have not captured either High Beam. he was also successfully out smarted by his smart phone's Auto light compensation so we're not getting a true A/B comparison.

Stock Low Beam
    Stock Low Beam.jpg

Marcel's Low Beam
    Marcels Low Beam.jpg
    Last edited by FementedAgave; 12-22-2021 at 09:19 PM.

My headlights arrived today. Not too shabby. Can’t say I’m wow-ed by them but the quality seems to be there. They just look weird. Maybe I will learn to love them. Definitely brighter than stock.

Almost anything is brighter than stock, that said, my good old 07 SS had stock headlights and for some reason they were much better than the my 08 Ully.
    I think you'll like them, I ride a lot of rural and suburban streets and I really like the way they light up well passed both sides of the streets from right to left.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast