Thread: Rear brake switch

Rear brake switch

The original rear brake switch on my 04 XB12S has bit the dust. Looked online and did not have much luck locating one other than used, which can be a crap shoot. Anyone have a good one they are willing to sell, know where I can buy one, or recommendations for aftermarket option?

Haven’t had much opportunities to get her out with my workload since the COVID outbreak. Was going to go for a ride the other day and did a preside check. Found rear brake light not working and found the bad switch.

Sir: all XB's use the same rear brake pressure switch. factory part # is H0203.02A8
    there are still a few left in the dealer system. the 1125 models use factory part # H0203.02AM but the wiring harness plug is different.
    if you can't source an original factory switch which was originally supplied to Buell via Nissin...then source an M10X1.25 twin wire banjo switch from any aftermarket supplier like Goodridge or LightTech.
    Kawasaki Ninja 600 and 1000 from approx. 1998 thru 2010 used the same switch vis Nissin but i don't have the Kawi part #.
    REPLACE THE BANJO CRUSH WASHER with factory part # H0412.01A0...suffix B1Q when replacing switch or source it thru any auto parts store. simple copper brake application crush washer.

Barrett, I found the part # but could not find one in stock in the dealership network. I ended up ordering a used one on eBay so I don’t have to splice the wires and can just plug and play. Thanks for the M10X1.25 twin wire banjo switch reference. I will add it to my list of parts options. Cheers.

yeap and you will not find it in dealer stock. had placed an order for one in early September and got a reply that it would not be available 'til 9/16/20...okay, the waiting continued and continued. asked for any progress on this and they replied with not available 'til late December now, really cancel my order! got refunded already...

on ebay or Buellsterparts.com you can find the rear brake line and switch assembly, NEW... for about 42 bucks with shipping...got mine from Buellsterparts.

https://buellsterparts.com/product.s...&categoryId=-1

Mine just went a couple weeks ago, and I found it on ebay. The parts may not be in production, but they aren't that hard to find...