Thread: Found 98' Buell frame in garage. Can anyone tell me about it?

Found 98' Buell frame in garage. Can anyone tell me about it?

Hey everyone! I know nothing about motorcycles or Buell as a brand at all. I recently bought a house in Milwaukee and after looking in the garage rafters I found this motorcycle frame. I am wondering if anyone can tell me about it? All I know is that it is a Sep 98 model and that it is a Buell. Would there be a place around Milwaukee I could take it to to sell? Is it worth anything? Please help! Thanks!IMG_1318.jpg IMG_1315.jpgIMG_1316.jpgIMG_1319.jpgIMG_1320.jpg

Sir: the 10th digit on your steering neck VIN sticker is obliterated. check the other side of the steering neck for the factory stamped-in complete 17 digit VIN. the 10th digit designates the model year. it will be a W or an X as per the date of mfg on your sticker. said date traditionally associated with a 1999 model.

the frame is a 49 state-spec Buell M2 cyclone model. it is the 342nd production bike built during that model year run. my hunch is that it's a 1999 model as per the production date of 9/98.

i have no idea as to its value, but in states such as here in PA...it has no intrinsic value without a clear legal title.

YOU'RE QUITE WELCOME!
    Last edited by Barrett; 10-27-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Even with a title they rarely fetch more than a couple hundred dollars. Without a title it’s just some welded together steel tubes. You may want to bring the vin to the motor vehicle department to make sure it’s not stolen. You don’t need to get tied up into someone else’s mess.

Wait, is that frame #342?? I totally forgot I left it in my old house! Please ship it to:

Hopeless Buell Projects UnLtd.
    PO box 34,19
    PH, AZ, 85054

Thanks, and send any XB pistons too, I need a set

Like I said... a jerk!

This jerk is coming to your house with a box of parts, you betta have expensive beer ready

Yes sir!