Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Everyone show off your bike before winter!!!!

is this real?

Hey friend! Thanks for the vid! But you should know that about the worst thing you can do to a bike is starting it cold intermittently without riding it, and especially a *Buell

The unnecessary heat cycle adds condensation (water), and acids from a *rich cold-start mixture into your oil But without riding it, the oil doesn't get hot enough to burn them off so they just sit in the oil and eat away at the metal in your engine. The more starts, the more crap in the oil.
    V-twins hate rpm, especially redline, especially cold, and especially in neutral, for all the same technical reasons they need a specific V-twin oil.

Winter storage is easier than it seems. Ride it until hot, top it off with non-Ethanol fuel, put it on a **Tender, cover, and they're good for a year. Freezing temps mean bring the battery inside. Spring restart should be charge the battery on a real charger, Wash it (check for critters), lights, tire pressure, and change the oil after your first ride.

While we're on the subject, if the battery won't crank the bike over, charge it fully with a "charger" (not using a tender and not using the bike). Motorcycle charging systems are only meant to run the bike. The systems are tiny and fragile enough, you will overheat a VR or stator trying to charge a battery from scratch.

Sorry if I sound preachy, just trying to make your Buell experience the more fun and least trouble you can have

*Buells in particular have a very rich, very long, cold-start cycle. So much that they will foul the plugs quickly in only a few cold-starts. The Buell rule is that if you start it... ride it.

**Lunatic wisdom time!
    The battery will be fine on a 'tender' type of thing over winter but put it on a lamp timer for 8 hours a day because even some good versions will still kill a battery if left on 100% for months at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTORCYCLES247 View Post
    I betting that the slightly used Motorcycle OUTTHERE posted is a Ducati.....and on a 2 stroke note don't make me bring out my Bultaco Pictures....
    ..........Bul
    Attached Images Attached Images

wiiiiiiIING! a ding ding ding

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Thats clean......smoke 'em if you got 'em!!

I was fortunate enough to be riding today. it's 65 degrees in Tennessee. Just came home for a bite to eat.

23331F92-7976-4AB4-82A9-F80E5500B871.jpg

Nice. I’d like a Firebolt, I just need to find some space in my shed and the wonga to buy one 😂

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123