Thread: My first Buell!

My first Buell!

Hello all! As the title says, I finally got my first Buell! I've had 3 Japanese sport bikes (04 Suzuki GSXR 1000, 07 Yamaha R6, 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R) and I thought it was time for a change. Back in 2007 I rode bikes with an acquaintance who had a blue and orange 2003 XB9R and I remember how shocked I was to see the "weird" parts of it like the fuel in the frame, oil in the swingarm, etc. I thought it was cool but I was younger and not into the Harley/v-twin engine thing. Fast forward to 6 months ago I began to want something different and decided it was time to sell my Ninja and get a Buell. After looking for a few months, I found one that tickled my fancy. Its a yellow 2007 XB12R all stock original everything with less than 5k miles. It was owned by a military helicopter pilot and spent most of its life in storage. As soon as I saw it on cycle trader, I called to put down a deposit and the next morning I drove 6 hours one way to pick her up. I'm in love.

Ordered the following parts: tires, battery, engine oil and filter, primary oil, brakes, brake fluid, drive belt, fender eliminator, integrated tail light, flush mount front turn signals, K&N air filter, Drummer SS exhaust, race ECM with calibration for Drummer SS and K&N. By the time I get all of this work done, hopefully the cold nasty weather will have cleared up and I'll be able to ride.
    Last edited by Mardi Gras Jester; 02-17-2021 at 01:05 AM. Reason: forgot brake fluid