Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Troubleshooting advice: Rough running XB

If you have a stock muffler you can jack the bike up.

Or remove the muffler and jack from underneath the engine. That’s what I did.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 12-01-2020 at 03:18 AM.

Mr B Man,

Seems like the buellpump is a rite of passage. I just had to be rescued 600 miles from home with my defective Fuely pump.

Just a slight wander, but I used to change engines in my "32 Hotrod using a handy billboard for a lift point. More recently I used a plank across a few rafters to lift the bike. Be sure to lift with a 3 point lift --one off the handle bar neck, and two at the seat/luggage rack framing. Be sure not to tie into the foot peg mount(3 big allens) on the left side as you have to remove that part for easy access to the fuel pump.

Drain the old fuel into something like an old drawer or dishpan as it is a mess when it all pours out.

I got my new pump unit from Barrett and he is right--overall performance was greatly improved.

As a few of you know, I am out of the Buell world now. However I am still trying to give a way a few bits. 2009 Uly

1. Stock ECM
    2. used drive belt in good condition
    3. Uly windshield
    4 the old fuel pump for rebuild or to scavenge.

Best luck--

Opto

Opto, I would like your ECM. I am considering working on a project with the other Buell harness and an ECM would be helpful... and may help others also.

34--ECM is now yours. PM me an address and I will USPS to you. You can buy me a drink someday.

Opto

Quote Originally Posted by optomist View Post
    34--ECM is now yours. PM me an address and I will USPS to you. You can buy me a drink someday.

Opto
    That sounds more than fair. My XB will appreciate it and so do I!
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 12-04-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Another love connection. Brought to you by BuellXB.com

Quote Originally Posted by optomist View Post
    Mr B Man,

Seems like the buellpump is a rite of passage. I just had to be rescued 600 miles from home with my defective Fuely pump.

Just a slight wander, but I used to change engines in my "32 Hotrod using a handy billboard for a lift point. More recently I used a plank across a few rafters to lift the bike. Be sure to lift with a 3 point lift --one off the handle bar neck, and two at the seat/luggage rack framing. Be sure not to tie into the foot peg mount(3 big allens) on the left side as you have to remove that part for easy access to the fuel pump.

Drain the old fuel into something like an old drawer or dishpan as it is a mess when it all pours out.

I got my new pump unit from Barrett and he is right--overall performance was greatly improved.

As a few of you know, I am out of the Buell world now. However I am still trying to give a way a few bits. 2009 Uly

1. Stock ECM
    2. used drive belt in good condition
    3. Uly windshield
    4 the old fuel pump for rebuild or to scavenge.

Best luck--

Opto
    Hey Opto,

Thanks so much for the tips and advice. I did in fact get my rebuild kit from Barrett, the guy is a gentleman and a scholar!

If that drive belt would fit on my 06' Uly, I might be interested in taking it off your hands. I noticed mine is a tad frayed.

-Mr. B Man

UPDATE:

Today is the day, a friend of mine has kindly offered me the use of his garage space and tools to get the job done, including a floor jack! Looks like I won't have to MacGyver or hack a solution after all. I'll let you all know how it goes, with any luck she'll be street worthy again this afternoon!!!

Good Luck Mr. B,

Check your fuel pump fuse before you attempt to start up. They go bad along with the fuel pump.

Count your teeth on the drive belt. If it is the same as mine I will send it to you.

Opto

What size is the ully windshield ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast