Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just bought my REV-MO Muffler

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    Yeah it's not that bad - it's just butt-dyno. It's just an observation and not something I'm concerned with. Again, I don't have the new tune from Rev-Mo yet. Things could change with it.
    It definitely could. I don't remember my AFV but I was running lean when I first bought my bike. I didn't but their exhaust, but bought their dongle and they sent me the tune for the k&n +jardine combo, and it pretty much nailed it (99.7 last time I checked). If it still doesn't feel right with the new tune, you could be having fuel delivery issues (see: fuel pump), but that's for another thread...

Put the Rev-Mo tune on - awesome. Totally feels like a different bike. SO much more power and it's immediate.

So, I'm considering this pipe for my Ulysses. I'm currently running a modified stock muffler with a race map. Bike sounds good and runs fine, but I'm sure I've leaving some power on the table. Does anyone have any info on the power numbers from this thing? I know if I want the optimal exhaust for power where I need to go, but I dont want to spend that much money. Would like to hear some opinions on the quality of the product as well(build, fit, sound)

Also would be planning on getting a map from rev-mo and hopefully installing that with ecmspy. I'm sure they could tell me more, but any foreseeable issues with that plan?

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    So, I'm considering this pipe for my Ulysses. I'm currently running a modified stock muffler with a race map. Bike sounds good and runs fine, but I'm sure I've leaving some power on the table. Does anyone have any info on the power numbers from this thing? I know if I want the optimal exhaust for power where I need to go, but I dont want to spend that much money. Would like to hear some opinions on the quality of the product as well(build, fit, sound)

Also would be planning on getting a map from rev-mo and hopefully installing that with ecmspy. I'm sure they could tell me more, but any foreseeable issues with that plan?
    Do a google search for "buell xb exhaust shootout". They put a bunch of pipes back to back on the dyno, including the stock, Race and a bunch of others.

In your case, since you have a Ulysses, I would probably look at having Drummer do a conversion on your stocker. My reasoning is that the aftermarket skid plate seems like a great idea for those bikes and I think it only fits the stock pipe.

The Rev Mo pipe seems pretty neat and is priced right, but it may not hold up to getting smacked by rocks when taken off road. For a street bike it is probably fine, and the short profile of it seems like it would be great on a scg also. My race pipe on my sCG was constantly bottoming on steep driveways and speed bumps.

My $0.02.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 02-10-2021 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Do a google search for "buell xb exhaust shootout". They put a bunch of pipes back to back on the dyno, including the stock, Race and a bunch of others.

In your case, since you have a Ulysses, I would probably look at having Drummer do a conversion on your stocker. My reasoning is that the aftermarket skid plate seems like a great idea for those bikes and I think it only fits the stock pipe.

The Rev Mo pipe seems pretty neat and is priced right, but it may not hold up to getting smacked by rocks when taken off road. For a street bike it is probably fine, and the short profile of it seems like it would be great on a scg also. My race pipe on my sCG was constantly bottoming on steep driveways and speed bumps.

My $0.02.
    Good points. Im not very concerned about serious off road worthiness, but a good thought for others considering this for sure!
    Ive read the exhaust shoot out pretty thoroughly. Ideally I'd like to get another d&d because it was tough, made a great jacking point, sounded good and was a pretty decent performer, but at $700... I had one on my first uly and loved it.

What im running now is: I cut open my stock can, removed everything, ran a straight pipe with a crimp baffle in place of the original guts and welded it all back together. I like the sound, but not sure how well it actually performs.

Sounds like the Race pipe. On the Rev Mo site, he has pics of a cut open race pipe and its interesting to see the "magic" they used for mo' powa.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Sounds like the Race pipe. On the Rev Mo site, he has pics of a cut open race pipe and its interesting to see the "magic" they used for mo' powa.
    I'll take a look

Im sure if I wanted to mess around with actually tuning the bike for what I've got it wouldn't be a terrible performer, but I'm lazy and rather just plug it in and go

IDspd.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234