Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Just bought my REV-MO Muffler

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SF East Bay
    Posts
    1,143
    lol, a Shady Shrader product.

    Good luck.

    Don't use the tune.

    Quote Originally Posted by cocoabutterlover View Post
    Allegedly mine was bored out to 1350 or so CC by the previous owner (he made the claim with nothing to back it up). So if there is a smidge of truth to it, and it was tuned with the oversized bore, then I'd just leave the tune be.
    That's a 3.709" bore. Seems silly to go through the effort of case boring for a non-standard size bore and custom piston. Probably 1250 with a typo.
    Last edited by jetlee; 11-11-2020 at 02:53 PM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlee View Post
    lol, a Shady Shrader product.

    Good luck.

    Don't use the tune.


    That's a 3.709" bore. Seems silly to go through the effort of case boring for a non-standard size bore and custom piston. Probably 1250 with a typo.
    I agree. I bet it was a typo.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Posts
    70
    Well he told it to me in person so no typo. Just B.S. I figured.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Crawling up your skirt
    Posts
    8,477
    Especially with no papers. I'd have to say someone who went to that much trouble would most definitely have a record of that much work and it would stay with the bike because resale.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    111
    My AFV is 105.6% without the new tune. It feels okay, there's a little "lumpiness" in the power curve. Basically, it kicks in hard at around 3500 and pulls really well up to around 6500. Then you can feel it drop off from there. I just shift. Off-idle torque is fairly good. I love the way this thing sounds - so tight.

    I'm just curious what his response to my AFV will be - he thought that with the stock pipe 105% was "a bit too high and would indicate a mechanical issue".

    Anyone else have any experience with this? 105.6% with a new pipe seems fine to me.

    - The intake is not leaking - tested that out.
    - It has the airbox "delete mod" that just has the K&N filter under the airbox lid (tank lid).
    - New plugs & wires
    - Exhaust is tight - especially new one. (That mount bothers me but I think I can make that work).


    Other than a tune, what am I missing?

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    My AFV is 105.6% without the new tune. It feels okay, there's a little "lumpiness" in the power curve. Basically, it kicks in hard at around 3500 and pulls really well up to around 6500. Then you can feel it drop off from there. I just shift. Off-idle torque is fairly good. I love the way this thing sounds - so tight.

    I'm just curious what his response to my AFV will be - he thought that with the stock pipe 105% was "a bit too high and would indicate a mechanical issue".

    Anyone else have any experience with this? 105.6% with a new pipe seems fine to me.

    - The intake is not leaking - tested that out.
    - It has the airbox "delete mod" that just has the K&N filter under the airbox lid (tank lid).
    - New plugs & wires
    - Exhaust is tight - especially new one. (That mount bothers me but I think I can make that work).


    Other than a tune, what am I missing?
    Others may chime in with much more detailed info, but 105.6 is not extreme to me at all. If you start getting to 110-115 I would be more concerned, especially if you thought you were on the right tune. You opened up the flow of air, and are now running a little lean. I don't know what that pipe does to the powerband, but my XB12 wakes up at 3k and dies off around 6. Does it feel hotter than normal? Did you go from stock pipe to this one? if so I'm surprised you're actually that close on the tune considering both the intake and exhaust are now more free flowing. Get the tune, reset TPS, and go scare some pedestrians.
    Last edited by RidetheLightning; 11-14-2020 at 01:28 AM.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Crawling up your skirt
    Posts
    8,477
    Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    up to around 6500. Then you can feel it drop off from there. I just shift.
    Good. You should shift. Redline is 7k.

    Like Ride the Lightning said: 105% is well within a decent tune and the ECM is adjusting easily. If you like the way it runs, I'd leave it alone.

  8. #28
    Senior Member outthere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    556
    'Lumpiness in the power curve'. Somethings amiss.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Crawling up your skirt
    Posts
    8,477
    Maybe, but I ignore all 'butt-dyno' claims. If it's that bad, go to a dyno and see. On paper.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Maybe, but I ignore all 'butt-dyno' claims. If it's that bad, go to a dyno and see. On paper.
    Yeah it's not that bad - it's just butt-dyno. It's just an observation and not something I'm concerned with. Again, I don't have the new tune from Rev-Mo yet. Things could change with it.



Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •