Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just bought my REV-MO Muffler

Just bought my REV-MO Muffler

I'm pretty stoked about it. Got a small bonus from work and decided to pull the trigger on a pipe as my stock one is jank. I looked at others and whereas they might be "better", I just didn't have the cashola to get one. In any case, I bought the "raw" version, which isn't polished - I prefer that look over "shiny" stuff. Sent the request for the tune, too. Should be here sometime next week and then I'll get to work installing it.

Anyone else have it installed? Were there any gotchas?

1/2 a beer job. EZ and fun. The hardest part is taking off your stock one, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    1/2 a beer job. EZ and fun. The hardest part is taking off your stock one, lol.
    Yeah, that rear bracket looks a "little" involved but I'm certain I'll be fine. At the end of the day, it's all just nuts and bolts.

I will add that getting the "companion tune" from Rev-Mo isn't as smooth a process as you'd think. Dude has like 10000000000 questions about the current state of the bike and I've had to answer all his queries - now he's gone dark. I have NO idea if I'm gonna get a freakin' tune. Sheesh. Not the kind of experience customers really like, ya know?

When did you order your exhaust/tune? Today? Yesterday? I'd give it a little time. I'm sure the tuning wizards there are using your answers to their million-point questionnaire to brew the perfect tune for your specific bike. Worse comes to worst, shoot them an email; "Hey man, was just wondering when I'll be getting my tune." They're a (relatively) small shop. Gotta give 'em a little benefit of the doubt.

IMO, I would answer all their questions as honestly as you can, I'm sure they're not asking just for the heck of it.

I bet they deal with the same thing we get here all the time. "My bike didn't run well, and after my free tune, it still doesn't! Now it's YOUR fault!! Whaaaa!"

I picked up the xb-sg and a baro sensor last spring. Sounds great, imho better than a repacked jardine rt1. Tuning has been an iterative process, he has been very supportive and responsive. He may selectively answer questions, but has always been helpful and right. Test your intake seals after the motor is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by KickerDRB View Post
    I picked up the xb-sg and a baro sensor last spring. Sounds great, imho better than a repacked jardine rt1. Tuning has been an iterative process, he has been very supportive and responsive. He may selectively answer questions, but has always been helpful and right. Test your intake seals after the motor is hot.
    Yeah I've done that, and we're good there. My existing muffler is pretty rough and "flaps" when it's hot (just off long ride down the interstate). Kind of hard to explain. In any case, once it's replaced, I'll need that tune to at least start from somewhere that's closer than the stock tune. There's definitely some internal damage to the muffler which is lending to the odd noise. Bike runs fine otherwise.

P.S. The headers are sealing, too. He asked about that, as well.

I gotta ask What is a ( REV-MO Muffler ) am I outta the loop here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    I gotta ask What is a ( REV-MO Muffler ) am I outta the loop here ?
    https://www.rev-mo.com/product-page/...exhaust-system

Used to be "BuellTooth" website - I guess they're rebranded now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast