Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just bought my REV-MO Muffler

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    https://www.rev-mo.com/product-page/...exhaust-system

Used to be "BuellTooth" website - I guess they're rebranded now.
    Thank you !

So if my bike has an old Jardine RT-one can, and is tuned to it, can I just straight swap it for these? Same mounting brackets etc.

I need to replace my Jardine, and any I can find right now are almost 700 CAD.

Previous owner welded the end caps on instead of just using proper rivets that would last when he last packed it. Now the packings burnt up and the outside body is rusting badly.

You can swap it. The Rev-Mo comes with any brackets you need to mount it to the bike. Heck, the tune will probably be fine too.

Allegedly mine was bored out to 1350 or so CC by the previous owner (he made the claim with nothing to back it up). So if there is a smidge of truth to it, and it was tuned with the oversized bore, then I'd just leave the tune be.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabutterlover View Post
    Allegedly mine was bored out to 1350 or so CC by the previous owner (he made the claim with nothing to back it up). So if there is a smidge of truth to it, and it was tuned with the oversized bore, then I'd just leave the tune be.
    The engine options are typically 1200, 1250, 1275, 1442(88") 1475 (90"). So odds are its either a 1250 or 88". Granted that there is a 200cc span between the two, you really need to know what you are working with to get a correct tune.

Its probably a 1250 as thats just an easy drop in kit, and the 88" kit requires splitting the case, machine work, and will likely have cams and other work done to work with the increased displacement. I've never heard of a 1350 before, but I'd also never heard of an 1170 until magnesium mike created the beast.

The takeaway is that if you are concerned about a correct tune, you really need to know what the engine specifics are.

Thats what I meant. Your existing tune. If it runs well now, it should run well with the Rev-Mo muffler as well. So leave the tune alone. IMO.

I doubt the flow characteristics of the Jardine are much different than the Rev-Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    The engine options are typically 1200, 1250, 1275, 1442(88") 1475 (90"). So odds are its either a 1250 or 88". Granted that there is a 200cc span between the two, you really need to know what you are working with to get a correct tune.

Its probably a 1250 as thats just an easy drop in kit, and the 88" kit requires splitting the case, machine work, and will likely have cams and other work done to work with the increased displacement. I've never heard of a 1350 before, but I'd also never heard of an 1170 until magnesium mike created the beast.

The takeaway is that if you are concerned about a correct tune, you really need to know what the engine specifics are.
    He claimed it was a custom bore size and not a kit. But like I said, I haven't been able to physically confirm that and the shop he said tuned it he wasn't able to provide the name or dyno sheets of. So I took it with a grain of salt that its just a 1200cc. I will update my own thread once the engine is apart and measured and I find it to be a custom bore size. IT wasn't really running right anyhow and I just had injectors cleaned and installed a day before my motor vehicle accident Sept. 3rd. Haven't ridden since and likely wont any more this year. so my butt dyno is not working either. Ok, sorry about jacking the thread.

Unhappy Hmmm - this ain't right

I've contacted rev-mo. Hopefully they're cool about this. I'm sure he's gonna say that my header is bent or something...it's not.

Kit was missing the aluminum spacers that were supposed to come with it. Anyway, I was really hoping to have my bike on the road tomorrow and I'm disappointed that isn't gonna happen.

See photos. Included a shot of the stock exhaust to show it wasn't bent or something odd. What models had the active exhaust? This one definitely doesn't.

20-11-10 20-32-32 0181.jpg20-11-10 20-11-17 0179.jpg20-11-10 20-33-15 0183.jpg20-11-10 20-32-27 0180.jpg

Xb9’s didn’t come with the valve.

As far as the rev mo exhaust goes, I don’t know.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast