Thread: Lithium battery behaviour

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    if this nonsense is even remotely accurate and truthful, then the "problem'" is clearly the result of your incompetence, on several fronts.
    First of all, yes, that is the truth, second, yes, I am incompetent. I work with computers, not bikes. That's why I am asking people stuff :-).

All H-D branded batteries factory installed and sold thru franchised dealers are DEKA. all have minimum 2 year pro-rated warranty. you failed to inquire.
    On that one, YOU are partially wrong. The battery has a 2 year warranty that I DID NOT failed to inquire. Despite that, they all died within a year (I mean, the previous lead acid batteries one).

you are experiencing either a serious charging system problem or substantial parasitic draw at rest....or both. you failed to check.
    Again, as you said, I am incompetent. Also, I hope my local HD dealer is not because, if you are right, he failed to check it a couple days ago.

you seem like the type that would irresolutely connect either a small charger or tender to your AGM battery for indefinite periods of time. that is the death-knell for any AGM or "wet" lead-acid battery.
    Well, that is interesting because I am definitly using a charger that is always connecting on the battery while the bike is not used. It might not be the good way to do but that is what is written on the user manual. And again, dispite that the previous lead acid batteries all died while the lithium battery did not.

Anyways, I don't want to argue on that lead acid battery vs lithium batteries. There is not point. All what I want to know is if my battery is having the behaviour it is suppose to have. That is it.
    Last edited by Niklos; 11-11-2020 at 01:17 PM.