Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 07 and earlier camshaft failure

BOMO
    The Buell Owners Modus Operandi:

Let it sit for years
    Hear a motorcycle on a pretty day.
    Move the mower, Festivus decorations, and Aunt Ginnies old dresser.
    Throw jumper cables on it and crank it over.
    If it starts then rev the snot out of it, immediately go to a track day and brag about your low mileage.
    If it doesn't run completely perfectly, go to BuellXB.com and post "This POS won't start, NOW WHAT!?! HEEELLLPPP!".
    Put in the Sea-Foam.
    Put in the $20 battery from Wal-mart (backwards)
    Go to BuellXB.com and post "STILL won't start! Is it the grounds?"
    Do NOT listen to anyone who recommends spending money.
    Get the relay you fried.
    Crank it long enough to get it running by pure luck.
    Smell that varnish.
    Ride twice on dry-rotted tires, and circulate the acidic milky condensation in the crankcase.
    Winter hits
    Post for-sale ad on BuellXB.com with NO info. Except the year. And brag about its low mileage.
    Copy/paste the same ****ty ad on Craigslist, adding the wikipedia Buell spec list and adding "Very FAST Buell-by-Harley Davidson, not for beginners!" and one blurry picture of your giant thumb over the plate.
    Let it sit for years.

Is that about right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    BOMO

Let it sit for years
    If it starts then rev the snot out of it, immediately go to a track day and brag about your low mileage.
    If it doesn't run completely perfectly, go to BuellXB.com and post "This POS won't start, NOW WHAT!?! HEEELLLPPP!".
    Put in the Sea-Foam.
    Get the relay you fried.
    Smell that varnish.
    Ride twice on dry-rotted tires, and circulate the acidic milky condensation in the crankcase.
    Winter hits
    Post for-sale ad on BuellXB.com with NO info. Except the year. And brag about its low mileage.
    Copy/paste the same ****ty ad on Craigslist, adding the wikipedia Buell spec list and adding "Very FAST Buell-by-Harley Davidson, not for beginners!" and one blurry picture of your giant thumb over the plate.
    Let it sit for years.

Is that about right?
    Don't forget "torque monster", "rare", and my favorite "dropped by previous owner" (this last one could apply to any used bike). Like I've said before, this forum is the reason I pulled the trigger on my bike, and so far any issues have been easily diagnosed, resolved, and parts found thanks to here (I'm talking to you, Barrett).
    Last edited by RidetheLightning; 11-22-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    BOMO

Let it sit for years
    Put in the Sea-Foam.
    Get the relay you fried.
    Smell that varnish.
    Winter hits
    Let it sit for years.

Is that about right?
    My favorite one is still the wrecked lightning I bought. "Some guy test rode it and flipped it over backwards, I never wheelied it" as it sits in a puddle of it's own fork oil. Yeah bud low miles clean one owner

Oh yes! Search "torque monster" and "rare" for 100% Buell results

Ahh, the smell of vehicular-archeology. The story of tire rubber on the shock from burnouts, the 30mph scratches from the 'driveway spill', cobwebs on the 'regularly ridden' headers, 10 years of rust on the spark plug that was 'just serviced', I'm no Columbo but...

How about the guy I just bought a Buell from, that sent me a picture of him on it, in the desert, 3 FEET in the air. Really dude!? Adding fork seals to the list

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123