Hi folks,

I could use some input. I'm looking at buying a XB in the $3K range. I'm 5'9", 30" inseam (I like puppies and long walks on the beach...). I'm also approching "old-fart-dom", so I like the upright layout of the XB Lightings. I've had bikes on and off for a little over 40 years, with the last few being metric cruisers. I've had getting a Buell on my mind since walking into a Harley dealership and seeing a new 2000 Blue Cyclone sitting there. I've been without a bike for about 5 years and decided if I'm going to get another one now is the time.

I was originally looking for a nice M2, but stumbled on a '03 XB9S for sale close to home. When I went to look at it the "Cyclone plan" was changed.

The only thing I wonder about on a XB is my knees. I found out about the cycle-ergo site on this forum and that was a great help. It looks like a set of 1" drop pegs could help noticably. Reading about the CityX makes me think it would also be better on the knees, but might have a little too high of a seat height. There's also a really sharp, low mile XB12SCG for sale for a good price, but I'm a little concerned about the seat being even closer to the pegs than the XB9S I sat on.

Anyone have any suggestions or particlar models for me to stay away from?