Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: XB9S, XB9SX or XB12SCG Input

I just realized this bike has frame covers. Odds are there is a dented frame under one or both of those. Looking closer, it looks like there is a dent in the header also, so my bet would be the dent is at least on the right side. While far from the end of the world, I hope the price was right. The XB in my garage has a small dent in the frame on the RH side too. And it looks like the seat isnt properly latched on the front, but I'm sure you've resolved that by now.

Yep, covering a dent. PO laid the bike down back in 2008. I found some pictures from when he did it (internet creeping is a wonderful thing).

Dent.jpg
    Dent 2.jpg

As you can see in the picture the bike used to be blue. That is actually the color I would have preferred but all of that bodywork is gone.

I think the carbon side plate was the only real inexpensive solution. That dent looks like its the same size as the puck, so it would have nothing to stick to.

I like the blue also.

I would need a quart of aluminum putty to put behind it, but I guess that could work....

A pint should work if you're careful.

Great... I said "pint"... Cooter should be along shortly.

Hi Boaski, nice new ride, picked up an 05 xb9sx this past January myself that I’m currently stripping and rebuilding. Did the PO happen to include the old frame pucks? On the hunt for a pair

Seems like a part thats just begging to be scanned and 3-D printed.

I wonder if they could be cast out of urethane. I’ve made a few seals and stuff for vintage snowmobiles using a good part to make the mold. We do some urethane casting at work for small volume parts. I want to make some snowmobile snow flaps but I’m limited by the size of our pressure vessel.

There are a bunch of frames for sale on eBay that have them still attached, I think I’ll inquire a few to see if I can persuade them to remove and sell the pucks alone. Is that even realistic? I think I heard one of y’all mention that’s how you got a pair but they seem damn hard to remove. (Then again I’ve never applied or even seen them in person) What do y’all think is a good price for used pucks in good condition? Then comes the question of the best way to re adhere them.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast