Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XB9S, XB9SX or XB12SCG Input

Where are you located? I have a 05 SCG with a bunch of extras for sale. Located in Maine.

I'm located in north-central Ohio.

I just found out I now the guy that has the XT for sale that is fairly close to me. I'm going to try to meet up with him this coming week. My plan is to go look at the STT next weekend. My son is into adventure bikes so he thinks I need the XT so he can end up with it when I'm done...

I figure my time window of buying a bargain Buell is ending pretty quickly, so I'm going to try to wrap this up in the next 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktlincoln View Post
    Where are you located? I have a 05 SCG with a bunch of extras for sale. Located in Maine.
    I sent you a PM

I'm probably in the wrong section of the forum for this one: a nice Firebolt just popped up not too far away for what seems like a very good price. I believe a short trip around the block is all I could take on a stock one. How hard is it to make a firebolt fit more like a lightning (or is this just a profoundly stupid idea)?

People have put Lightning tails on their Firebolts, and/or have Lightning bars on their Firebolts, but unless you can get the parts cheap, you're probably better off waiting for and/or spending a bit extra for what you really want.

You're right. I could blow through a lot of money. The price on the firebolt got my attention.

FYI here's the ad

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

You're gonna want a SS, STT, or Uly for the added suspension travel if you are even thinking of anything off-pavement.

I'm only planning on riding on pavement.

I ended up buying a 2005 XB12S over the weekend. A great deal popped up on FB marketplace and I was the first one that called. The seller is a straight up guy that honored his word. My son and his motorcycle buddies are going to get it moved from Alabama to Ohio. There's snow on the ground here so I have a little time.
    Last edited by Boaski; 01-18-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaski View Post
    I'm only planning on riding on pavement.

I ended up buying a 2005 XB12S over the weekend. A great deal popped up on FB marketplace and I was the first one that called. The seller is a straight up guy that honored his word. My son and his motorcycle buddies are going to get it moved from Alabama to Ohio. There's snow on the ground here so I have a little time.
    Where at in Ohio?

I'm in the Marion - Mt. Gilead area. About an hour north of Columbus.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast