Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: XB9S, XB9SX or XB12SCG Input

Do a search on here for a guy named Doug. He asked people to send him pucks to reproduce, but I think he just began selling them to Twin and St Paul. I don’t think he’s been back since. The original pucks were just held on by double sided tape and the kits shipped with an adhesion promoter solution. If you find someone who is willing to pull them off the frame, I’d just use any sort of construction adhesive as you’re not going to be taking them on and off and if you do happen to knock one off you likely have bigger problems than wondering how to get the Liquid Nails off the frame without scratching it.

https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...94231958&_ss=r

https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...d=0&s=Pucks&a=

I have a few sets of Traction grips I’m considering reproducing mainly just to crash the insane prices people are getting for them.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-04-2021 at 12:18 AM.

I effef up my left puck on my XT monday and I talked with the Poly place about making a suitable replacement while I'm working with them on the isolator bushings, they are interested so I ordered new ones for the long frame already and when they show me what they can do I'm going to have them color match Blue for my SS and Red for my XT as well as black if I had any other color plastics (even broken or scratched) that they could match then may see if they can match them too. I'm trying to borrow a new set of regular frame ones from a member here as well so I hope to have bushings and pucks by the end of the month.

$200 seems silly until you realize what they get for case sliders for most bikes and how important they are for protecting the thing the VIN# is stamped on... SO many "totaled" XB's

I did not realize how cheap replacement tanks were. Given the problems associated with changing the VIN of a titled bike, is it possible to cut the damaged section out of a “totaled” tank and have it welded into a damaged bike?

They can be repaired. Drain, fill with water, and fire up the spitznagel gun. I've heard they are double walled anyway, but never checked for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    They can be repaired. Drain, fill with water, and fire up the spitznagel gun.
    Interesting, a steam powered xb. That's a first. lol that is exactly how we would repair my pro circuit titanium 2 stroke pipes, they would ding and dent so often racing harescrambles. Even with cf / steel guards.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265105208048

Still steep but better, emailed and they fit the regular frames, ordered a pair but who knows how long since hey are coming from Italy

CBS has a neat collection of stuff and honestly pretty reasonable. Even free shipping to the states ($300). Did you notice they sell a billet version of the front engine mount too?
    https://buellservice.com/en/

I'm looking at a red '09 XB9SX with 11K miles... Bike looks good exc the air box is missing the 'X'. Not sure I care about that, I'm actually thinking it might look good with either a matte red or matte black treatment.

...or I could just bead-blast the red tank to give it a matte look w/o painting it. Has anyone tried this and have pics?

Quote Originally Posted by ZanderMan View Post
    I'm looking at a red '09 XB9SX with 11K miles... Bike looks good exc the air box is missing the 'X'. Not sure I care about that, I'm actually thinking it might look good with either a matte red or matte black treatment.

...or I could just bead-blast the red tank to give it a matte look w/o painting it. Has anyone tried this and have pics?
    Is it a translucent/clear red cover or a solid red one? The translucent ones in good shape command a pretty penny on the 'bay. You can still find used solid ones fairly cheap... and for what you are planning, you can probably make an ugly one work out.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast