Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: XB9S, XB9SX or XB12SCG Input

In one of his BWB posts he said he had the front caliper stick on him once so I’ll have to figure out what is going on there.
    Does it have aftermarket levers? Some of the cheap levers aren't correct for the application and continuously apply light pressure to the front brake. As the brake heats up, the fluid expands until it locks up. Stock levers FTW!
    Flush the brake fluid. The 04 I sold locked up the front brake on the new owner the day he bought it (i felt terrible) , turned out to be junk in the master cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaski View Post
    Thank you for the response

I’ve already downloaded the service manual. I just checked with office max on getting it printed - about $70. I think I’ll start with just printing relevant pages myself.

I use apple phones but I think my wife’s is a droid. I’ll see if she can become proficient in the fine art of BuellTooth....
    A "BuellTooth" is just a bluetooth adapter to plug into the "diagnostic port" on a XB in lieu of using a cable.

The interface to make changes or check trouble codes, etc. is a piece of software or app such as ECMSpy, ECMDroid, etc.

Just trying to be humorous, being old and all. Like the commercial a few years back with the old lady posting pictures on her “wall”

I think the line was “that’s not how any of this works”...

I found a post where the PO installed a used fuel pump. The videos I have of the bike running has a hesitation off idle. I figure no more than the Buelltooth unit costs I can download the ecmdroid app and have a cheap tool to help diagnose common fuel system problems.

The last bike I dumped was due to a front brake dragging. I felt it getting warm and pulled into my stone driveway. Found out that it would have been much smarter to stop on the pavement..,

Quote Originally Posted by Boaski View Post
    Just trying to be humorous, being old and all. Like the commercial a few years back with the old lady posting pictures on her “wall”

I think the line was “that’s not how any of this works”...

I found a post where the PO installed a used fuel pump. The videos I have of the bike running has a hesitation off idle. I figure no more than the Buelltooth unit costs I can download the ecmdroid app and have a cheap tool to help diagnose common fuel system problems.

It’s all good. Making sure we’re on the same page. However checking fuel pressure and flow is beyond the capability of the diagnostics. You’ll need a gauge and an adapter. I think the “Buelltooth dude” sells it.

Well, the plans of having the bike jockeyed north through the buddy system fell through. On Saturday morning my son and I hopped in the truck and headed to Gulf Shores, AL. After 1,900 miles of driving we got back home after lunch today. I-65 through Alabama was a royal pain in the butt going down on Saturday. Random traffic stopping for no apparent reason easily added 2 hours on to the trip. We decided to split the return trip over 2 days so we could stop in to the Barber museum. A couple hours was not enough!

I have the bike on the lift and am pulling the primary cover off. I need to order a new battery and pick up a clutch spring compressor. We'll see what's inside once I pull the clutch apart. Not a perfect bike, but it's something to work with. I did find out it is an Scg and someone has changed the rear spring.

Not saying it isn’t a scg, but how did you make that determination? The yellow spring is “usually” the dead giveaway and I can tell by looking at the forks. I have a love/hate relationship with scg’s.

The title says it’s an SCG.

Theres a Vin decoder in first pages of the Buell service manual that also designates type of bike and for what market it was built for. I never remember the spring colors, but ya I can tell an Scg from the tiny bit of chrome suspension travel left on the spine crushing forks. LOL

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast