Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XB9S, XB9SX or XB12SCG Input

In one of his BWB posts he said he had the front caliper stick on him once so I’ll have to figure out what is going on there.
    Does it have aftermarket levers? Some of the cheap levers aren't correct for the application and continuously apply light pressure to the front brake. As the brake heats up, the fluid expands until it locks up. Stock levers FTW!
    Flush the brake fluid. The 04 I sold locked up the front brake on the new owner the day he bought it (i felt terrible) , turned out to be junk in the master cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaski View Post
    Thank you for the response

I’ve already downloaded the service manual. I just checked with office max on getting it printed - about $70. I think I’ll start with just printing relevant pages myself.

I use apple phones but I think my wife’s is a droid. I’ll see if she can become proficient in the fine art of BuellTooth....
    A "BuellTooth" is just a bluetooth adapter to plug into the "diagnostic port" on a XB in lieu of using a cable.

The interface to make changes or check trouble codes, etc. is a piece of software or app such as ECMSpy, ECMDroid, etc.

Just trying to be humorous, being old and all. Like the commercial a few years back with the old lady posting pictures on her “wall”

I think the line was “that’s not how any of this works”...

I found a post where the PO installed a used fuel pump. The videos I have of the bike running has a hesitation off idle. I figure no more than the Buelltooth unit costs I can download the ecmdroid app and have a cheap tool to help diagnose common fuel system problems.

The last bike I dumped was due to a front brake dragging. I felt it getting warm and pulled into my stone driveway. Found out that it would have been much smarter to stop on the pavement..,

Quote Originally Posted by Boaski View Post
    Just trying to be humorous, being old and all. Like the commercial a few years back with the old lady posting pictures on her “wall”

I think the line was “that’s not how any of this works”...

I found a post where the PO installed a used fuel pump. The videos I have of the bike running has a hesitation off idle. I figure no more than the Buelltooth unit costs I can download the ecmdroid app and have a cheap tool to help diagnose common fuel system problems.

It’s all good. Making sure we’re on the same page. However checking fuel pressure and flow is beyond the capability of the diagnostics. You’ll need a gauge and an adapter. I think the “Buelltooth dude” sells it.

Hey, check this out:

Fuel pump: https://www.rev-mo.com/product-page/...mp-rebuild-kit

BuellTooth: https://www.rev-mo.com/product-page/ecm-interface

Fuel Pressure Tester: https://www.rev-mo.com/product-page/...ressure-tester

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234