Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XB9S, XB9SX or XB12SCG Input

I’m in Harrison, OH just outside Cincinnati. Hit me up if you need anything

Thank you. Will do.

Congrats on the bike. I just got some heated gear and have been riding my XB9SX whenever it’s above 40. It puts a smile on my face every time. Just a real fun bike.

Quote Originally Posted by KIKH400 View Post
    Congrats on the bike. I just got some heated gear and have been riding my XB9SX whenever it’s above 40. It puts a smile on my face every time. Just a real fun bike.
    I take it you must be a little south of me. We have been getting dustings of snow about every few days. No real accumulation, just enough to keep things slippery. We're supposed to get some ice tonight so all of the back roads have had grit spread on them. It usually takes until sometime in April before the intersections are completely bare & not a challenge on a bike.

BTW, here's what I bought.

IMG_0709.jpg

It needs a few things, but I bought it very cheap and don't mind fixing stuff.

Nice. Is this the 2005 XB12S? Why are your frame rails glossy?
    Do you want to get rid of those chin fairing brackets?

Yes, 2005 XB12S. A little under 12K miles

Those are “carbon fiber” covers. The PO dropped it doing about 30mph a little over 10 years ago. It didn’t have frame pucks on it and the dent isn’t covered completely by a puck so he put these on it. I have a picture of it before it was covered. I was able to figure out his user name on the badweather site and see more of the history of the bike.

I know the bike has a clutch problem. The last time it was ridden it would not go into gear with the engine running. It will shift through the gears with the engine off. He said it needs front brake pads as well. In one of his BWB posts he said he had the front caliper stick on him once so I’ll have to figure out what is going on there.

It will probably be a month or two before the bike makes its way to Ohio.

I’m getting the chin faring with the bike and intend to put it back on. Are the fairing brackets flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Boaski View Post
    I know the bike has a clutch problem. The last time it was ridden it would not go into gear with the engine running. It will shift through the gears with the engine off.
    I would first go through the primary chain adjustment procedure and lean towards the loose side to see if the chain is overly tight. Then I would dump the primary oil, refill (be very careful not to overfill) with Formula + fluid and go through the clutch adjustment process EXACTLY. If this doesnt solve it, you will likely need a clutch. You can get a pdf copy of the service book on buellmods.com. Read it, live it, love it.

He said it needs front brake pads as well.
    The pad material on this bike is thinner than what you may be expecting.

In one of his BWB posts he said he had the front caliper stick on him once so I’ll have to figure out what is going on there.
    Does it have aftermarket levers? Some of the cheap levers aren't correct for the application and continuously apply light pressure to the front brake. As the brake heats up, the fluid expands until it locks up. Stock levers FTW!

Are the fairing brackets flat?
    Yes, they are mostly flat mild steel pieces. You can see the RH one on that pic you posted. You can find pics of them on the Rev-Mo (Buelltooth), Dean Adams website as well as Twin motorcycles. It looks like the Rev-Mo piece is stainless, so I may purchase one from him.

EDIT: I just did purchase the bracket and the website said I am awesome.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 01-26-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Thank you for the response

I’ve already downloaded the service manual. I just checked with office max on getting it printed - about $70. I think I’ll start with just printing relevant pages myself.

I use apple phones but I think my wife’s is a droid. I’ll see if she can become proficient in the fine art of BuellTooth....

I would have something to interject, but I would just be repeating everything 34:19 said

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast