Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XB12Ss Stainless Header Pipe

XB12Ss Stainless Header Pipe

Well Im official! Got me a 2009 XB12Ss and couldnt be happier! 12k orig miles and very clean, pretty much stock. I flew to Lexington and rode it to SC via Tail of the Dragon, 425 miles to get the feel of it and trying to stop riding it like its my Road Glide haha.
    Based on some reading and great threads on this site Im doing the standard upgrades, intake delete, muffler, ECM, baro sensor, and a few pretty bits. Most items from Revision Moto in FL, if anyone has any experience with them, they seem knowledgeable and helpful.
    My question is, I want to go to a stainless header pipe, can anyone recommend a place to get one?, I dont find much in a google search.

Lol.

The stock header *IS* stainless steel.

No comment on the rest of the parts you want to buy from them.

Well thats good to know, mine is cracked due to the muffler clamp breaking so I need to replace, if they are all stainless then a used one would suffice I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rteyeball View Post
    Well thats good to know, mine is cracked due to the muffler clamp breaking so I need to replace, if they are all stainless then a used one would suffice I guess.
    Stainless does fatigue and breaks down over time. IMO better off getting it new, not expensive https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...f214ec56&_ss=r

The race ECM is a nice upgrade along with the muffler and intake, be sure to order a matched tune.

Welcome to the forum, best of luck with the bike.

Pictures or it never happened !

Dean Adams builds his own beautiful exhausts (IMO),hence his "no comment" on rev-mo. Rev-mo appears to be the cheapest option that may hold up better than the Jardine. As for the tune, you do not need to but a race ECM, just a dongle and software (full disclosure: I bought mine from buelltooth, now Rev-mo). Beware tuning yourself, and stay simple unless you are an expert. I was very wary and only loaded the provided tune, and don't plan to touch it. You have the ability to change everything and delete your original map, which could be catastrophic. I wouldn't worry about the Baro unless you're riding at high altitudes. I live in AZ and ride up north sometimes to 6k+ ft. and still haven't justified the need. I would just put a muffler and tune and have some fun on your new bike.

And you have the option of plug-n-play ECM from IDSpd.com for a proven tune in an ECM to match whatever muffler option you go with.

Thanks to all! Attached is what happens when the muffler band comes off, the bung hitting my boot (and the noise) alerted me that things had gone astray.Smokey HD.jpgBroken Header.jpg

https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...12x-models-u7b

You can have the original welded, just make sure it's cleaned well where it will be welded at (no oil or soot inside/outside) and purged with argon while welding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    I'm at a loss here. The header with the blown out O2 sensor *CAN* be repaired. What's the link have to do with either replacing or repairing the header have to do with it?

Are you just wanting to poke at someone just because or did you inadvertently post to the wrong thread?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast