Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do I really want a Buell?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    That is really nice. I've always like them since I was a teenager back in the mid 80's.

My favorite version is the 2007? models in the red white blue/ 25th Anniversary livery.

I've been searching these the past few months for sport touring and can't get them out of my head. Found one awhile back for $3,500 with low miles, bags, and staintune exhaust that almost did it for me. Problem is with no garage I can only keep one bike at a time, and I can't get rid of my Buell...

There is someone rolling around out here on one with bags. I see him on the 101 at times. Swoon-worthy bike fo sure.

You might want to test ride a Newer Uly. Buells are not for everyone only the good guys . LOL

The legend returns....

Ladies and gentlemen... Mr. Silver Rider!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    The legend returns....

Ladies and gentlemen... Mr. Silver Rider!!!!!

You are killing me !

I had a Ducati Monster 750 for 7 years or so. Great bike, great handling and braking, and fast enough to get in trouble. The riding position got to be a bit much (I’m 61), so I got a Sportster Roadster. Nice bike, but I just didn’t feel like riding it much. Always wanted a Buell, but I was concerned about getting a bike that’s from a company that’s gone. Prices are stupid cheap for used Buell’s, so I bought an XB9SX last August. I put 1” bar risers to go with the 1” lower pegs, and replaced the loud jardine with stock exhaust. I absolutely love the bike. Comfortable through the twisty stuff and can cruise down the highway. Just awesome. Get one. Really.

I had a 2016 Sportster Roadster myself. Went into Harley to buy a $5 plastic part for my 1125, and left with a Sportster.

I don't ever see me getting a Harley but I still can't get the Buell out of my mind. Ian, how do you choose between the Honda VFR800 and the CityX? You just try to give them equal time? And if we are sharing pics, here's my CBX. Who knows, it might just get a friend. I totally understand the X+1 rule. It has plenty of power and its handling is good enough for my level of riding regardless of what some reviews have indicated.
    img_4398s.jpg

Right now it's easy to choose between the VFR and the CityX coz my fuel pump is out on the Buell. I've been a Honda guy for a longgg time. The VFR is such a great machine. Options are a good thing. The Buell is just so different from everything else that I'll probably always keep one around. I bought this current one with 4k miles on it and don't anticipate selling it. I think a Buell is a bike that you either really like a lot, or you don't much care for it all. Referring back to your original post...I've had loud exhausts in the past and I'm currently running a stock pipe. I'm really enjoying the less loud sound. PLUS the bike runs better and feels smoother without the loud pipes. Buells are all around at bargain prices. I say try and find one with a stock pipe, go test ride it and compare to the one you just rode. Heck, at current prices, just pick one up for a while. You can always flip it later and get your money back. AND... you'll be able to look back and smile and remember owning a piece of American motorcycle history that is now fading into the past. Sorry, I didn't mean to go and get all nostalgic on ya. Here's a pic from a few years back when I went and picked mine up from a soldier at Ft. Bragg. Oh yeah, that CBX looks CLEAN. Nice one!

20160913_131410_zpsyhmtnx5z.jpg
    Last edited by lancruza; 12-16-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KIKH400 View Post
    I had a Ducati Monster 750 for 7 years or so. Great bike, great handling and braking, and fast enough to get in trouble. The riding position got to be a bit much (I’m 61), so I got a Sportster Roadster. Nice bike, but I just didn’t feel like riding it much. Always wanted a Buell, but I was concerned about getting a bike that’s from a company that’s gone. Prices are stupid cheap for used Buell’s, so I bought an XB9SX last August. I put 1” bar risers to go with the 1” lower pegs, and replaced the loud jardine with stock exhaust. I absolutely love the bike. Comfortable through the twisty stuff and can cruise down the highway. Just awesome. Get one. Really.
    I love those Ducati Monsters. The other bike I'm seriously looking at for a daily rider is a Kawasaki z900rs: https://www.kawasaki.com/en-us/motor...LIST-_-VEHICLE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234