Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kick stand lengths?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Take the stand off lean the bike to the angle you want a little measuring cut and weld , Thats what I did to my Uly when I lowered it . Second pic just to show lean angle.

Attachment 14733 Attachment 14734
    Thanks, sounds like a good plan

Well, buckled down and got to my kickstand project yesterday after noon and finished up this morning. Took about 3/8" off. I just cut the end off, cleaned up the foot, welded it back on, sanded it down and shot some rattle can black on it. My welds look good enough for me and the bike sits at a much better angle!

20201227_094126.jpg
    20201227_095330.jpg20201227_103916.jpg20201227_103932.jpg

Didn't machine new kickstand from a solid billet of magneeeeesium=missed opportunity.

JK, looks great Buelly!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Didn't machine new kickstand from a solid billet of magneeeeesium=missed opportunity.

JK, looks great Buelly!
    Lol, thanks. And if I had the expertise and equipment to carve out parts like that I'd like to think I wouldn't be painting cars for a living

SAE industry standards specific say or recommend to never EVER weld kick/side stand shaft on for either repair or modifications. Buell kick/side stand known to be inferior in both design, construction and materials. Also only stand in modern history NOT directly attached to frame but to engine-mounted frame plate again being sub-standard perusal SAE standards.
    Therefore i cannot recommend Buell model line for normal everyday transportation but can and will recommend Honda line and Suzuki and Hyosung models line but all inferior to world class leading BMW especially BOXER line of superior world motorcycles as Germanic quality beyond reproach for production motorcycles. My recent purchase affirms same without argument.

TEABAG

GS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    SAE industry standards specific say or recommend to never EVER weld kick/side stand shaft on for either repair or modifications. Buell kick/side stand known to be inferior in both design, construction and materials. Also only stand in modern history NOT directly attached to frame but to engine-mounted frame plate again being sub-standard perusal SAE standards.
    Therefore i cannot recommend Buell model line for normal everyday transportation but can and will recommend Honda line and Suzuki and Hyosung models line but all inferior to world class leading BMW especially BOXER line of superior world motorcycles as Germanic quality beyond reproach for production motorcycles. My recent purchase affirms same without argument.

TEABAG

GS.jpg
    I'd never dream of doing such a mod on a high class bike like a bmw, but I'd also never dream of being as stuck up as a bmw owner lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123