Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 2005 XB9R Custom Build

Hey did Aaron Wilson tell you to retard JUST the timing maps, or the timing maps AND the ignition module?

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    Hey did Aaron Wilson tell you to retard JUST the timing maps, or the timing maps AND the ignition module?

Mike, my understanding was that he just wanted the maps adjusted, ignition module should be set up as usual.

So i pulled the clutch back out this morning to throw that thrust washer in that should have been obvious to me in the first place... turns out i'm not crazy after all. The washer is significantly too small for the spline. Tested it to verify on the crack side as well just for good measure, diameters too small for that spline as well. I know us engineers often overlook things, but I dont think thats the case here. Not to mention the alignment of the chain is very good without the addition of a 3/16 spaced behind the clutch. What am i missing here?

IMG-0555.jpg

The order of assembly is thrust washer, clutch assembly, spring washer, nut. The spring washer in your hand goes on after the clutch basket

So the washer in your hand goes on after the clutch basket is installed

Mike this isn't the belleville, or spring, washer. I've got that one in place just in front of the clutch basket as your suggesting. This washer although looks beveled on the side in the picture is solid.

The thrust and spring are the only two washers. Not sure what washer you are holding.

R) So, I google imaged "Buell XB clutch basket" and clicked the very first picture:
    Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 1.33.46 PM.jpg

T) Ironically the first 10 or so results were from threads on this board.

F) You can also find pictures and descriptions of the entire assembly including step-by-step R&R procedures, written by the engineers that designed your bike here:
    https://www.buellmods.com/content/do...olt_manual.pdf

M) Section 6 "Drive/Transmission" With the pic I posted on Page 6-10.

If it isn't #24, #26, or #30 it doesn't belong in the clutch basket.

I hope this can help you.
    Last edited by Cooter; 06-20-2021 at 08:45 PM.

Gotcha, thanks guys. Still another solid day of wrenching and at least that in getting aquatinted with the tuning set up but the end is in sight. Its starting to look like a bike now which is always good for moral.

IMG-0551.jpg

I found a right side scoop that works with that exhaust if you’re interested

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast