Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 XB9R Custom Build

What all did you get or had done at Hammer? I’m still waiting to install my toys from them.

9D6D64FA-2F88-4AC2-A0EE-81619EB91F96.jpg

So i got their 1042 engine package which has 3.596 Cylinders that they then hone in house, 3.6 10.5:1 inch pistons. I had them gap the rings and do a composition valve job. New cometic gaskets all around, new S&S lifters, push rods, plugs, wires and finally a new clutch pack with a 15% stronger diaphragm spring.

What did you decide to get above and beyond that 34nineteen?

Quote Originally Posted by C.P. Engineering View Post
    So i got their 1042 engine package which has 3.596 Cylinders that they then hone in house, 3.6 10.5:1 inch pistons. I had them gap the rings and do a composition valve job. New cometic gaskets all around, new S&S lifters, push rods, plugs, wires and finally a new clutch pack with a 15% stronger diaphragm spring.

What did you decide to get above and beyond that 34nineteen?

On the S1 - 1275 kit with 30 degree squish band, Impact head porting, bronze timing gear, aftermarket ignition module w/single fire coil, encapsulated charging rotor, new billet lifter bases pushrods and tubes, and some other bits. I also had them modify my case to use the late model anti rotation lifter screws and had them rebuild the crank.

On the XB - Competition valve job. I re-used the pistons and cylinders from my late model Roadster when I did the 1250 kit on it at 2500 miles. I also had the injectors cleaned at Aagaard.

On the other XB - Everything is still ongoing in the search for parts. Right now, the heads are going to wind up as Stage 1 or Stage 2, but I am still on the hunt for a later model XB9 crank to build a 1170 motor. If that doesnt pan out, I will probably just do a 1275 kit. Normally I'd blame it all on Cooter, but there is still beer in my fridge, so he hasnt been around.

Nice, I have heard a bit about the timing modules on these bikes. Being that the XBs timing is controlled by the computer does it still spark on every stroke? I may end up replacing the coil on this bike just to ensure that i'm getting proper spark. Injector cleaning is going to happen one way or another as well. Ive done half a** DIY injector cleaning before. I may start there and based on the results send them out to be cleaned if i'm unsatisfied.

No, XB's are all single fire from the factory. If you look at the pinout of the coil, you will see 3 wires. One for the ft circuit, one for the rear, and 12v.

IMO, the stock XB ignition system is great for all but the highest performance applications.

If you decide to replace the coil on the bike, be sure to mark a large "X" on one of the coils to make sure you dont mix them up. What kind of knucklehead would do that, you say??? Well, I know a guy....

Last edited by 34nineteen; 02-17-2021 at 10:20 PM.

And if its a DDFI-3 bike it sparks rapidly on both cylinders every time you turn on the ignition. Do NOT be holding that wire when you turn the ignition on. Unless you like the Doc Brown look.

And for all you XB guys Bridgestone RS10's are on sale. Stickier than you need but fit the bill. I bought 1f & 2 r.

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    And for all you XB guys Bridgestone RS10's are on sale. Stickier than you need but fit the bill. I bought 1f & 2 r.
    Where at? Cycle gear? Revzilla? Cooters used tire-o-rama?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Where at? Cycle gear? Revzilla? Cooters used tire-o-rama?
    Cycle Gear & Sportbiketrackgear. If you mount your own they have the best price. Kind of excited to get these out on track and see what they have to offer. Circumference is a bit smaller than most so adjust ride height accordingly.

RS11's are also on sale but the rear is a 190/60 and the circumference is just a bit much and rubs the swinging arm. It may not on a street ridden motorcycle though.
    Last edited by outthere; 02-19-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks! I will have to check them out. I have a local cyclegear and usually just let them mount them up.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast