Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 XB9R Custom Build

Aaron actually told me the same thing. My motor is basically an exaggerated version of your motor. My head work is pretty mild because it doesn’t need to be extreme. I’m getting cylinder fill all the way to 8k rpm. Aaron told me this “I could hollow your heads out. Put huge valves in it and all it would do is move your power band even higher. 8k rpm is high enough. I gave Aaron 2 stipulations on my build. Pump gas and 8k rpm max. These 2 things plus the 1169cc displacement will be the only things keeping me from making more power. He said don’t worry about getting enough air into these motors. They flow plenty. Cam timing is critical.

Are you an engineer Charlie?

With the reassurance from you guys that Aaron does indeed know what he's talking about the heads have been shipped off to Hammer Performance. In the mean time the tear down continues. For the first time in quite a while i hit a stopping point because i didn't have the proper tools to get the job done, Ive never actually seen a 1&3/16 nut. Sure I have 1&1/8 and 1&1/4 but not 1&3/16. I'm not sure my allen wrench set has ever seen this much use either. Tools are on the way so that i can keep tearing this thing all the way down to prep for coating.

Mike, yes my day job is working as an Automation Engineer. I design and build custom manufacturing equipment.

That’s cool man. I’m a toolmaker. I design and build tooling jigs and fixtures for assembly line production.

I use a 30mm socket in place of the 1-3/16"

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    We have to keep 34:19 in the mindset that he is Tolerated. Not necessarily having any “friends”

He's not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I use a 30mm socket in place of the 1-3/16"
    VW guy.

36mm.

Today the tear down continues. I'm hoping to have everything disassembled today. (the current temp of -1 may prohibit that progress but well see) I'll have a better idea once I tear into it but is there any recommended upgrades to the transmission while i'm in there? I typically inspect the shift linkage wear and shift fork conditions but every transmission is deferent, anything particular to watch out for on this one?

Theres always going to be an anomaly you could search but they aren't known for any weak spots. The 2nd gear dogs take a beating from the torque (and type of person that buys a Buelligan bike like these, guilty) So 2nd gear would be on my might-as-well list to replace it if the case was split on my bench.

If you want something different than stock, like undercuts, give R&D motorsports in Clearwater, FL a call. I'm not associated with them, but they do Buell and H-D stuff and have done me right on several occasions.

My wish list would be a 6th gear though.... Tubers have that option with the trapdoor case. I can't imagine it's that different? but I haven't done any looking.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast