Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buell for different markets

As I understand it, the euro header has a smaller collector than the US header, but I do not think Kevin makes a Drummer to fit the euro header (but he could have done a special one-off).

Why not just fix the Buelltooth dongle? The connector comes apart.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    As I understand it, the euro header has a smaller collector than the US header, but I do not think Kevin makes a Drummer to fit the euro header (but he could have done a special one-off).

Why not just fix the Buelltooth dongle? The connector comes apart.
    the dongle is no more.....on closer inspection something has popped inside it which must have been why it came apart......and I found a blowen 10amp fuse on my bike. Riding with it plugged in for long periods I suspect has damaged it and me messing with it yesterday must have been the final straw.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    KIWI'S are an ingenious lot.....I suspect it may have been 'made' to fit.

I found this article from twin motorcycles which I found interesting https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/artik...?cid=7&aid=135
    20HP gain...xb9....and a comparison of small headers vs large on dyno sheets.

Also, a related article that mentions the difference's from US and the rest of the world bikes. They actually do a kit specifically for Australia (and by default New Zealand) to change the bike from small headers compliant with emissions regulations to large headers, filter and muffler, which was our thinking about buying the larger diam. pipe, as the computer and muffler have already been done.
    Got me thinking about my XB9 and the small headers, and that one of the steel reps that comes into my work mentioned Titanium pie cuts a few weeks back.....a custom titanium header pipe....I can hear my TIG having an 'O' now...
    Last edited by Nade; 12-30-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nade View Post
    KIWI'S are an ingenious lot.....I suspect it may have been 'made' to fit.
    Damn Kiwis!

It very well could have been, as a Drummer SS uses a "head pipe" that just slips on to the Drummer SS muffler.

the dongle is no more.....on closer inspection something has popped inside it which must have been why it came apart......and I found a blowen 10amp fuse on my bike. Riding with it plugged in for long periods I suspect has damaged it and me messing with it yesterday must have been the final straw.
    Is the board actually burned or are you assuming it is because it came apart? The cases on those arent the hardiest things out there and they do break (but can be super-glued back together). Riding with it plugged in shouldnt have damaged it, unless you were having charging/voltage issues on the bike.

It has popped some of the filler out and its brown and burned. The 3d printed case has started to unravel and come apart, just easier to buy a new one than shag about with it.

...just easier to buy a new one than shag about with it.
    It's never worth the effort to shag with a broken dongle.

Quote Originally Posted by DozerBoy View Post
    It's never worth the effort to shag with a broken dongle.
    Correct.

So after a phone call to St Paul Harley by the owner, an E-mail to IDS about the ECM from me, plus some reading of material from Twin motorcycles, and the info garnered from the forum, the owner has placed an order for a new OE S/S header pipe and all the bits needed to swap it, new 1" drop foot pegs, and a K'N filter.

IDS informed me of the type of tune on the ecm, and that it was for the american market, so some changes would be required to adapt it to suit the smaller header pipe....or as the owner decided......change the pipe to match the ECM. The dyno results I viewed from TM showed a comparison of a stock XB9 with small pipe vs large and showed instant gains with no other changes. After tuning with larger pipe, muffler, and filter change 20hp gains were made over stock, albeit with their Torque hammer system, but I see no reason why we can't obtain something similar with the Drummer muffler, larger header, IDS Ecm and a K'N. Gotta be better than what he has now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12