Thread: Photo upload frustration newbie

Photo upload frustration newbie

I started over 5 threads and at one point I was able to upload a picture of my Buell seat for the original thread. Now I try to upload a similar picture taken at the same time and of similar size, and I click upload and nothing happens. No warnings and no upload. I've tried several times. It seems that pictures are of great value but I'm either a dinosaur or this board is. Any ideas? I've also tried the "manage attachments window".

It will do what you are describing with an invalid file type like .HEIC, .MOV or something else. Make sure your pic is a .JPEG or another valid file type on the list in that box.

The easiest by far is to take the picture from any hosting site you use, I like Flickr for free unlimited use and just post the IMG code. That way you can size/crop/edit/rotate whatever you like.

Alternatively you may click the picture looking button above the dialog box (3rd from the right), "choose photo", then it should be listed to the right of the upload button, click upload and... wait...
    Theres no spinny thing or status bar.
    when its done the upload box will disappear and there will be and "ATTACH" and number between brackets in your text. Thats your pic.

I’ll admit. Cooter taught me how to post pics on this site too. You the man coot!

This Forum technology is a little bit in the dark ages....just saying. I did check file size, file type and all that fun stuff. I do not get ANY error message. I pick the file and click upload and it goes right back to where I was when I was picking the file. The odd thing is that one of two pictures I took side by side uploaded and then the feature went dark. I'd send you a screenshot but....
    Oh well, I will try again.
    I tried it again. So I have been hitting the 3rd button from the right and pick a file then upload and the dialogue box instantly disappears (too fast) and the "ATTACH" part never happens. I give...
    Last edited by Techcote; 01-04-2021 at 11:34 PM.

By the way, thanks again Cooter for helping out regardless, I appreciate it.

Oh well. At least you can still post the IMG code from another site.

Administrator
    I will contact you through PM; if you email me the image files I will check what is wrong.

Hi Cooter, I got the upload to work by switching to my older Dell computer, go figure. The pictures are in the other thread now.