Thread: EBR for service questions

EBR for service questions

I'm sure I'm missing the obvious (as usual) but what the heck is the size of the fork oil seal and dust seal!? Theres no exploded view of the BPF forks in the service manual and all the info I can find is "it needs a few more tools" or "my suspension guy said"

Can anyone here share a few details that has taken them apart personally? I am un-afraid to do the job, but would like to prep a little to minimize down-time. A little bit of info would help tremendously, thanks!

I also have swapped from the stock SX upper triple to the RX upper and now back to the SX (Long story). The SX upper is quite a bit thicker where the upper aluminum pre-load nut seats (the one that gets torqued to 40ft/lbs), and only threads on to the steering stem about ONE turn??
    This one:
    Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 1.05.35 PM.png

The lower triple and stem assy are the same part# (RX/SX) and I had a friend with an SX check his. He said it seems to be like that on his too!?
    For the life of me I can't remember when I dis-assembled it for the first time, and can't wrap my head around 40ft/lbs on ONE thread of engagement.

Thanks for any help you can give, I LOVE this fun, dependable, bike but the limited info from such a limited production is starting to wear on me...

First, download a service book and READ IT! What the hell is wrong with you people?!?!?!?!?!

(heheheheheheheheh)

or watch this video starring the coolest guy on the planet (after Silverrider and lunatic_fringe)

heheheheheheh. gotcha twice!
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 01-06-2021 at 09:36 PM.

RTFM? Lol. Ya, if there was one

I have the Showa BPF tools, and it's well worth the $5 Dave Moss is asking for to see that video^^^, honestly worth ten times that just to support him. I'd just like to get size info before I dis-assemble everything. No sense in having a bike all torn apart waiting for parts to show up in the mail.

OOOOO! Hope you're wearing sunblock for that BUUUURN

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    No sense in having a bike all torn apart waiting for parts to show up in the mail.
    Grumble grumble.