Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first Buell big problems pls help

Quote Originally Posted by RidetheLightning View Post
    I mentioned the rear rocker box gasket on my XB required an engine rotation, he said it didn't and that he just gets in from taking the tank off.
    This is correct. At minimum, it requires a rotation. I prefer to do a complete removal. I feel the added steps taken to remove the frame from the motor, make the process of working on the motor much much easier. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by RidetheLightning View Post
    , but you're in good hands here with the advice already given (see: Barrett, Cooter, and maybe even 34nineteen if you don't mind some cheap shots).
    Heheheh. He's not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Sir: Wilmington, for a multitude of reasons, is a very difficult environment for motorcycles, let alone an air-cooled V-twin Buell. i would suspect that lurking beneath these initial problems you've outlined, are several more requiring immediate attention. not to impune your judgment, but IMO it was a poor choice for your first street-duty motorcycle, and quite possibly was substantially misrepresented by the seller. from your description you "took a quick test ride" and then "a short ride up the street"...and now it's all this.
    NC new and used vehicle consumer protection laws specifically address and cover what you've just experienced.
    immediately contact the seller....describe the known defects....quote NC law if necessary...and demand to return it for full immediate refund. clearly, both this bike and its readily apparent problems are not for you. resolve this, then buy something else. what that might be is entirely dependent on your tastes and riding intentions.
    The plane: A B-25 Mitchell aka "Barrett"
    The bombs : 1 wisdom, 1 knowledge, 1 experience (also 1 for good looks, but its out of frame in this photo)

North_America_Mitchell_MkIII_ExCC.jpg

So good^^^

and so true!

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Sir: Wilmington, for a multitude of reasons, is a very difficult environment for motorcycles, let alone an air-cooled V-twin Buell. i would suspect that lurking beneath these initial problems you've outlined, are several more requiring immediate attention. not to impune your judgment, but IMO it was a poor choice for your first street-duty motorcycle, and quite possibly was substantially misrepresented by the seller. from your description you "took a quick test ride" and then "a short ride up the street"...and now it's all this.
    NC new and used vehicle consumer protection laws specifically address and cover what you've just experienced.
    immediately contact the seller....describe the known defects....quote NC law if necessary...and demand to return it for full immediate refund. clearly, both this bike and its readily apparent problems are not for you. resolve this, then buy something else. what that might be is entirely dependent on your tastes and riding intentions.
    I think I'd agree with this sentiment.

Lot's to consider - choices to be made. Do what's gonna be best in the long-term.

I bought my Buell knowing I'd have to do some work on it and keep working on it to keep it rolling. Just the nature of the beast.

That said, I do intend to get a second bike, when the kids start leaving the house, so I can preserve the Buell.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123