Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to buy - xb12ss

Lightbulb Want to buy - xb12ss

I'm looking for an XB12ss Lightning long

Im located in Michigan but i'm willing to drive out of state to pick one up.

Id prefer a bike that runs and is in good mechanical condition.

I'd also appreciate any leads if someone knows where I can find one. I'm not having much luck tracking one down.

Thanks a lot

-Adam

I have a 05 SCG with a Ulysses swing arm for sale. Over 90ft lbs to the wheel. Lots of extras-- Located in Maine

What was the end result of putting the long swingarm on the SCG? Did you need a shock spacer? Did it raise/lower the bike?

Hey thanks for the response.

I'd really prefer an SS, plus Maine is kind of pushing my driving radius.

It is basically now a SS Low. I used a spacer due to the mounts begin in a different location. It changed the angle of the shock to help the bike feel more planted and try to help keep the front down. With the XB9 primary and 90ft lbs they want to stand up. It does not raise/lower the bike.

Where are you located? I would meet if not unreasonable.

Interesting. I may have to look into this for the meth bike. Mike Lowary has me shamed into building a monster motor for it.

Check Craig’s list there is a 06 SS in Modesto CA one owner 16,500mi $4500. Not mine but posted 13 days ago. Looks like mine but the wife drew the line and said I had enough bikes. ..... so I haven’t told her about the last three.... come time to renew my insurance I’m in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by cleanly View Post
    I'm looking for an XB12ss Lightning long

Im located in Michigan but i'm willing to drive out of state to pick one up.

Id prefer a bike that runs and is in good mechanical condition.

I'd also appreciate any leads if someone knows where I can find one. I'm not having much luck tracking one down.

Thanks a lot

-Adam
    I hope you can find it.

Check Craig's List First.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktlincoln View Post
    It is basically now a SS Low. I used a spacer due to the mounts begin in a different location. It changed the angle of the shock to help the bike feel more planted and try to help keep the front down. With the XB9 primary and 90ft lbs they want to stand up. It does not raise/lower the bike.

Where are you located? I would meet if not unreasonable.
    I saw your listing, your bike looks great! Seems like you've put some work into it.

Im a taller rider so the ss will be a better fit for me. Also I plan to modify this bike using the Bott XR1 kit, so I need an ss donor bike to start with.

Good luck with the sale!

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    Check Craig’s list there is a 06 SS in Modesto CA one owner 16,500mi $4500. Not mine but posted 13 days ago. Looks like mine but the wife drew the line and said I had enough bikes. ..... so I haven’t told her about the last three.... come time to renew my insurance I’m in trouble
    Thanks for the tip! If your wife makes you sell one hit me up!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast