Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Want to buy - xb12ss

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    7

    Lightbulb Want to buy - xb12ss

    I'm looking for an XB12ss Lightning long

    Im located in Michigan but i'm willing to drive out of state to pick one up.

    Id prefer a bike that runs and is in good mechanical condition.

    I'd also appreciate any leads if someone knows where I can find one. I'm not having much luck tracking one down.

    Thanks a lot

    -Adam

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    29
    I have a 05 SCG with a Ulysses swing arm for sale. Over 90ft lbs to the wheel. Lots of extras-- Located in Maine

  3. #3
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kolache Factory
    Posts
    2,697
    What was the end result of putting the long swingarm on the SCG? Did you need a shock spacer? Did it raise/lower the bike?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    7
    Hey thanks for the response.

    I'd really prefer an SS, plus Maine is kind of pushing my driving radius.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    29
    It is basically now a SS Low. I used a spacer due to the mounts begin in a different location. It changed the angle of the shock to help the bike feel more planted and try to help keep the front down. With the XB9 primary and 90ft lbs they want to stand up. It does not raise/lower the bike.

    Where are you located? I would meet if not unreasonable.

  6. #6
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kolache Factory
    Posts
    2,697
    Interesting. I may have to look into this for the meth bike. Mike Lowary has me shamed into building a monster motor for it.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    68
    Check Craigís list there is a 06 SS in Modesto CA one owner 16,500mi $4500. Not mine but posted 13 days ago. Looks like mine but the wife drew the line and said I had enough bikes. ..... so I havenít told her about the last three.... come time to renew my insurance Iím in trouble

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanly View Post
    I'm looking for an XB12ss Lightning long

    Im located in Michigan but i'm willing to drive out of state to pick one up.

    Id prefer a bike that runs and is in good mechanical condition.

    I'd also appreciate any leads if someone knows where I can find one. I'm not having much luck tracking one down.

    Thanks a lot

    -Adam
    I hope you can find it.

    Check Craig's List First.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktlincoln View Post
    It is basically now a SS Low. I used a spacer due to the mounts begin in a different location. It changed the angle of the shock to help the bike feel more planted and try to help keep the front down. With the XB9 primary and 90ft lbs they want to stand up. It does not raise/lower the bike.

    Where are you located? I would meet if not unreasonable.
    I saw your listing, your bike looks great! Seems like you've put some work into it.

    Im a taller rider so the ss will be a better fit for me. Also I plan to modify this bike using the Bott XR1 kit, so I need an ss donor bike to start with.

    Good luck with the sale!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    Check Craig’s list there is a 06 SS in Modesto CA one owner 16,500mi $4500. Not mine but posted 13 days ago. Looks like mine but the wife drew the line and said I had enough bikes. ..... so I haven’t told her about the last three.... come time to renew my insurance I’m in trouble
    Thanks for the tip! If your wife makes you sell one hit me up!!



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •