Thread: Q3 Plus Sport Max

Q3 Plus Sport Max

I know, another tire thread. Was practically given a rear, so bought a front Q3 Plus. Was running Michelin RP 5, not the GT Version, and are very good tires & have a set on my 07 Tiger. The Q3 + so far are very fun and surprisingly great 2 up. Actually bought a second rear tire and is currently mounted on my spare rim ready to swapped when needed. 1500 miles on them so far, so will see how long they last? Hope they last because they really are good. If not will prolly go back to RP 5's. Thank you for letting me share this, and please let me know when I can make an oil thread?

Thats for the report T-bone.
    Did you check your grounds?

I love both those tires a lot. I run Q3+ on my EBR for the track and only get about 3-4 weekends on them they are so sticky! The Pilot Road 5's go on the Ss for lots of mileage. I have probably 10-12k of super windy, fast, fully loaded (the bike, not me) miles on that set and only JUST replaced the rear. The front still looks amazing!

Will have some fun for a little while then, interesting to see how far a Uly can get on Q3+ commuting, backroads, 2 up. Grounds are Great thnks for asking. Usually I get about 7K on a rear RP5, probably my bad habits, not checking the air enough, using plugs, overloading the bike picking up groceries & beer, gravel roads, etc....

Sounds like you'd be better off with TKC70's, very good on road and pretty good off road, got 13000 miles on a set on my Tiger 1200, there was still more tread on them but they were pretty flat so I changed them out for a set of road trail 4's which are excellent in the rain.

Hey njloco, the TKC70's look very interesting and will definitely check out the prices. Had the RP4's before, not the trail version, and did not like the front tire at all in the corners, the RP5 Greatly improved the handling.
    Checked out the TKC70's and there is a "Rocks" version of the tire. Says in the description You can pair a regular front with a Rocks rear?
    Last edited by Tbone; 01-20-2021 at 02:15 PM.

The TKC-70 is ROCK hard, super heavy, LOUD, will last forever, rough riding, will climb a scrap metal mountain without punctures, fair to poor in the rain, and look super cool.

Interesting what you did with the heel guards.

Is that seat rubbing on the tank cover going to cause problems like splintering? Please no rude or condescending replies.

Just hit 3000 miles and can see tire cords on the rear. Put on a new Q3 + and hope to see if I can do better. Can I start an oil thread yet?