Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pan American & Bronx

Pan American & Bronx

Has anyone seen these? They do not have a market to sell them to, possibly if they had not canned this genre of American motorcycles over 11 years ago. Do not see how they are going to make up for the lost time? Possibly better late than never.
    Last edited by Tbone; 01-12-2021 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    Has anyone seen these? They do not have a market to sell them to, possibly if they had not canned this genre of American motorcycles over 11 years ago. Do not see how they are going to make up for the lost time? Possibly better late than never.
    The Bronx was "cancelled" and the Pan America should be hitting dealers anytime now. I have been seeing commercials on TV for them and just got an email from Harley about it. I think the launch is in about a week.

That Bronx was nice. Too bad it was canceled.

A modern day Lightning. They didn't even hide it much. Oh well we can always hope for a resurrection!

I'm actually curious about the Pan-America. I like the weird Cylon front light:
    Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 6.13.18 PM.png
    Wow HD picked a tough category to compete in with the venerable 1250GS king-of-the-hill, and KTM, and Triumph, and Kawi, all making unbelievably great products in that arena...

Like they need one that looks like a NEW Cylon:
    images.jpeg

Wow HD picked a tough category to compete in with the venerable 1250GS king-of-the-hill, and KTM, and Triumph, and Kawi, all making unbelievably great products in that arena...
    Rumors I've read say the Pan America will start around $17k and have better power numbers than most if not all of the competition. That at least gives it a fighting chance, not that power is Most important feature in that segment.

The HD 1250 might crest the Bimmer (136hp) but doubt the KTM (160!hp). I'm sure it will be plenty for even heavy bikes like those.

But I really don't see the need. The 103Hp Buell has taken me on road, off-road, and high speed for states-at-a-time. Never really felt I wanted more power, even at 11k' of elevation.

Amen to that Cooter, plenty of fun even under 100hp bikes out there and I am not that good a rider to use 100% of the capabilities of my XB’s so why try to kill myself even faster.

Speaking of other Brands...

Stopped by the Indian Dealer a few days ago... They are discounting all of the FTR 1200 Line by $3000 dollars. (Said they are not moving off the floors very well.)

So That is from $13500 to $10500 for a new FTR Rally. Not bad for a price point... Just saying...

5ES3ZSKHPVBSJDCLIRPS4XYPIE.jpg 94FC4DD7-70BA-4A95-9E98-105A96D4FAF9.jpg

Me likey, much big yes happy time!

Me likey, much big yes happy time!
    IMO the FTR 1200 S is stunning in person, and the seating on it reminds me of a XB ss. Very comfortable, somethng if I put soft bags, I could ride all day.

It has caused a sturring in my pants... my wallet just won't sit still...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast