Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ullyses for every day use ?

Ullyses for every day use ?

hello guys
    im thinking to buy a ullyses for every day bike ,a lots of urban drive and a few road trip every second sunday
    what do you think ??
    in the past i was driving big KTM and BMW

Sure. Sounds like a great plan. Send pics

In my opinion, that's what the Ulysses excels at - urban assault. Torquey engine, situp riding position (better visibility), pretty good suspension for crappy roads. Big bags for your stuff.

That's how I use mine. I'm looking forward to a road trip; my annual trip to Barber (two years ago, last year was cancelled) didn't work out because of a failed rear wheel bearing. My other trips have likewise been cancelled...

That's exactly what I use mine for too - commuting during the week with 2~3 big multi day trips away throughout the year (+/- 3,000km over 6~7 days with as many gravel roads as I can find). I put about 11,000km on mine per year, just ticked over 100,000km.

The biggest problem with using it to commute is the heat in summer - even with the comfort kit this thing produces a ton of heat on the right side when chugging though traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by llama View Post
    That's exactly what I use mine for too - commuting during the week with 2~3 big multi day trips away throughout the year (+/- 3,000km over 6~7 days with as many gravel roads as I can find). I put about 11,000km on mine per year, just ticked over 100,000km.

The biggest problem with using it to commute is the heat in summer - even with the comfort kit this thing produces a ton of heat on the right side when chugging though traffic.

You havent seen true heat unless you've tried it on an 1125.

A comfort kit for the Uly goes a long way in helping heat in traffic.

There is no helping the 1125. Fully suited up for Trackdays in Florida, in the summer, and my supple inner thighs have never been the same. Isn't that right 34:19?

Commuted all year round for the last 10 years, first 4 on a Uly only. Now I commute in the winters primarily on a Uly and the summers on an 07 Tiger. Have the comfort kit, but still appreciate the heat more in the winter than the summer. They have a lot of fights with each other. Lately Politcal, Uly voted for Trump and Tigera voted for Biden.
    426[1].jpg
    Last edited by Tbone; 01-15-2021 at 01:23 PM.

In the past ,back to 2010 ,I had to a tiger 1050 .
    Excellent bike but in the end I prefer bike with more personality ....

So I need definitely the comfort kit ...
    With parts you are all ok ?
    You can find easily parts for the bike ?
    I think to use ebay because here in Greece is very difficult to find parts for this bike

Contact St Paul or Twin Motorcycles and see if they will ship to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast