long time no see folks!!! I must admin I've been lazily getting my Buell interactions on Facebook. Facebook has its short comings and more than its far share of @$$ Clowns. There are some good folks as well.

But today I'm looking for a second opinion, or shopping for answers :-)

Tore my XB12 apart today, to change the leaky primary cover gasket. I figured I'd also change the clutch plates preemptively. The clutch is fine, bike has 30,000 miles / 50,000 kms so its probably getting due. I haven't spec'd the plates yet but I will. That's not the issue.

When you flip the clutch over and examine the Clutch Shell, the six compensating springs are all different lengths. One is perfect, the other five range from 1/16" to 1/4" too short. The service manual explains that different lengths are normal but it does not give specific lengths or tolerances. I'm going to tear apart a 2000 tuber to compare, but the tuber 1200 and the XB engines are significantly different so I may be barking up the wrong tree. If you grab the starter gear and attempt to turn it, there is no play or slack. The needle bearing is also fine. Actually the clutch looks terrific. The primary oil was also clean.

Here are some pics, hoping some of the old timers can weigh in. I haven't priced a new clutch basket/shell but don't doubt it's a couple of bucks. Here are some pics.

IMG_3087.jpeg
IMG_3088.jpeg
IMG_3089.jpeg