Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brief loss of power / bogging around 2800rpm? Otherwise fine... XB9

I'm willing to bet it needs more fuel in that area of the mapping. How does it run in the part throttle ~3000 RPM range? They're known for stumbling in this area which is often disregarded as "nature of the beast" but easily remedied. Also, you can datalog wirelessly to your phone instead of dragging around a laptop, but you probably don't need to. What exactly is your AFV at? Sorry, I don't know what "spot on" means.

By the way, isn't it cold up there?

That brings me back to the original post. Looking at the fuel maps, I was wondering if I could give it a little more pop/fuel/whatever it needs. Wanted to start here instead of dicking around and be like "...Hey guys, so I messed with my fuel maps, and now it doesn't ___ ".
    Seems like 90% of the people are running jardine pipes, race fuel maps, and maybe race ECMs. Don't need those, don't want those. My ears are already ringing enough (yes I use ear plugs) and it's plenty fast for me.

And by cold, what do you mean? Been around 42-46 degrees lately. Just lovely with the wind chill at highway speeds. It's weird as hell here (originally from East Coast) - it's between 40-75° for 95% of the year. So strange. I'm guessing by Florida standards anything below 75 is cold?

You can easily make a "global" change to the mapping to see what effect it has in that area and if it has any negative side effects somewhere else. If I knew what your AFV is I could make a suggestion. Before doing anything, save your current file somewhere with a name like orig_tune.xpr or something. That way you can always revert back to it without having to do a TPS reset.

I'm actually from Spokane. The 40's is too cold for me to want to ride a bike, but yet it's (almost) never too cold for snowmobiling. Here it actually gets too hot to want to ride, but we have perfect weather now.

In my experience getting rid of factory “dips” has more to do with ignition timing and fueling. Not just fuel maps.

If you want to get into the nitty gritty of the ECM maps and settings I suggest you get TunerProRT. It gives you access to all of the defined parameters of the EPROM file, not just some of them. Here is a picture showing the "race" XB9 fuel map on the left and the stock on the right. The blue dots are WOT at 2900 RPMs.

XB9 Maps.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    wtf? If he's in first gear, why the **** not? WOT in 5th will suffer a little, but not in 1st. Whoolies man, whoolies. Or is that wheelies?
    If he's in 1st gear, the downshift should be self explanatory. LOL. Look at the dyno chart. Where would you like to be for WOT power?

Is that like upshifting to 6th?

I wish!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12