Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ZTL2 upgrade - master cylinder with handguards

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    I suppose you could use both brakes simultaneously so the light would illuminate. Problem being with the back wheel off the ground touchdown might create problems.
    Not a problem for "high side Cooter"

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    another project

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Sorry I didn't google search for you accurately enough, my apologies, I'll do better next time.
    I would think SPHD ships parts to customers everywhere but asking them (instead of me), would get you better info. Obviously.

Now that I know you are posting from the Netherlands, you could just buy from the biggest Buell parts places on the planet earth that happens to be IN the Netherlands.

Here, I Google searched it for you, but you should probably check all the info before ordering:
    https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...F-1A824999327C
    Sorry mr Cooter, just thought you send the clutch master on purpose. Maybe interchangeable? But apparantly not. And a lot of people in the Netherlands do not like to buy from Twin. Their prices are extremely high. Buying in the States + shipping is often much cheaper (you know we're cheap skates here).
    I'll order from your site of the ocean, probably from St. Paul this time.
    Last edited by RISL; 02-11-2021 at 05:35 PM. Reason: go to = buy from

Lot's of vendors try and give you the shaft on shipping.

Like mMMaster Carr. Gave me the shaft shipping a simple 1/2" x 1/2" round fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    another project
    Same ol project. Swapped skins from yellow to black. I like it much better

Quote Originally Posted by RISL View Post
    And a lot of people in the Netherlands do not like to buy from Twin. Their prices are extremely high. Buying in the States + shipping is often much cheaper (you know we're cheap skates here).
    I'll order from your site of the ocean, probably from St. Paul this time.
    If you are looking to save money, motorcycles are not a good idea.

I've found Twin's prices to be fair and have bought several things from them over the years. Martin is a great guy.

One thing to bear in mind is that Twin is actively developing and bringing parts back into production for Buells. St Paul and most other vendors are just draining the last of the Buell parts from the Harley warehouses. Once those warehouses run dry on parts, they will likely be done selling Buell parts. Who would you rather support?
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 02-11-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Not saying that I'm trying to save money, but I don't like to pay a lot more than necessary. And I get your point about developing. And yes, Martin (over here, we call him Bud) is a great guy, last time I spoke to him, they were developing the front modules for the Lightning models.

Still, in my opinion they ask a lot more than what something should cost. And the bigger things are outsourced by them. That's why a lot of people here try to avoid them. They skip Twin and go straight to the source (for example rebuilding engines) or do it theirselves. But it's really going offtopic now. I am going to order the EBR radial MC this weekend. Anyone who fitted this with handguards?
    As soon as I have received the part, I will make something so I can fit the handguard with this MC and make some pictures or a how-to.

Meh, we go off topic all the time here. Especially MR COOTER.

I get it that some things are better to utilize other resources for, and applaud that you Scandinavian types are resourceful enough to figure it out. Most of the people coming through here cant be trusted to get their shoes on the correct foot in the morning.

As far as the radial master cylinder with handguards go, you may be the first. Like MR COOTER said, the Buell ones attach to a longer lever pivot pin and use a bar end attachment setup. Its pretty simple.

Let us know so we can heckle the others after you and point them to this thread.

Just started with this mod, first the simple things, so I have a new front brake rotor and the ZTL2 caliper is on.

The EBR radial master cylinder is on the handlebar too. I had ordered the set-up for an 1190RX, but the bracket for the brake fluid reservoir is useless on a handlebar, it only fits the EBR clip-on. Also, the SX has an other bracket for mounting the MC to the handlebar, it has an mirror mount point on it. I ordered that one and it came in today.

The hand guard is normally fitted to the pivot point of the brake lever, but the lever of the EBR is much longer.

In another topic on this forum I saw a picture a hand guard fitted to a Japanese radial MC on a Buell with some aluminium strips going to the pivot point, but I don 't like the 'homemade' look of it.

Luckily, the bottom connection point of the hand guard is straight under the M4 bolt of the brake switch. I machined a little bushing of black Delrin to create some distance.

The top connection is still not connected, I will make it to the mirror. I also ordered a smaller, black brake fluid reservoir with a vertical mounting hole, so I will make one bracket between the hand guard and the mirror point that also has a place for the reservoir to go on.
    I either use a smal saw and a piece of black Delrin or my 3D printer (no worries, I am not tpehak in disguise). Still learning to work with that printer, so I don 't know of I can make a strong bracket with it. It also requires a lot of measuring and drawing, so it will take more time too.

I'll update when I make more progress.

Still to do:
    - top bracket
    - brake line original EBR is too short)
    - brake switch connection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast