Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Endo

Hey Endo

Where would we be without trails?

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb273685/p4pb273685.jpg

Ha, good one buddy!

Here's some winter biking in Pacifica to motivate you.

Now if you were a real bike geek, name the frames...

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

^^ Huffy^^

Top one looks like a Litespeed Unicoi. Its hard to tell if its a softail or not.

Bottom one is a little tricky. Its appears to be a Titus FLR but I didnt know there was a 700c version? I thought they were 26" MTB only.

Either way, very nice rides. A Ti bike is forever cool (even if one is part carbon fiber).

Screenshot 2021-02-11 082317.jpg
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 02-11-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Damn! Pretty darn good Aaron, you nailed it
    These bikes are around 15 years old, but could keep up with anything new out there. And as you say, they're eternally cool.

Top one is actually the Tsali, made with the bigger tubes and 6/4 Ti. The YBB shock at the back is just enough to smooth out the bumps on the cross country stuff I ride.

Bottom one is indeed a Titus Exogrid. I just can't resist the lure of titanium bling.

Quote Originally Posted by Endopotential View Post
    These bikes are around 15 years old, but could keep up with anything new out there.
    You are correct. The terrain didnt change, just peoples mindsets did. That Litespeed would make for an amazing singlespeed. 32sixteen or 34seventeen!

My old steel singlespeed is almost 15 years old. Sheesh! Time flies!
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 02-11-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Average age of our bicycles is 30. Not a one with suspension. The terrain has changed dramatically around here with thousands riding them, no maintenance, and a few horsed thrown in. What was once smooth is no longer. We just stick to our own backyard these days. Right out the backdoor. We live by the red circle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And have me change my forum name to 32:16??? Cooter would never be able to handle the two of us

Between the terrain and my lack of fitness, there's no way I could push a singlespeed up our hills. I love the gear range of my double chainring. My full suspension bike still has a triple up front, for which I get no end to the mockery.

Outthere - you're up in Mendocino somewhere? truly way out there! I've done a bit of riding around your beautiful redwoods. Gorgeous country.

Quote Originally Posted by Endopotential View Post
    And have me change my forum name to 32:16??? Cooter would never be able to handle the two of us

Between the terrain and my lack of fitness, there's no way I could push a singlespeed up our hills. I love the gear range of my double chainring. My full suspension bike still has a triple up front, for which I get no end to the mockery.

Outthere - you're up in Mendocino somewhere? truly way out there! I've done a bit of riding around your beautiful redwoods. Gorgeous country.

You'd be surprised what you can do on a singlespeed. Don't try to do Leadville on it, but its fun to have around for the Tuesday night ride on your usual course. You learn how to attack hills better and make more efficient use of your power. The first couple rides are rough until you figure it out, but once you do, you start to wonder why you need all those gears. My first one was built from an old steel framed Mongoose IBOC and was a hoot to ride (once I figured it out).

Another interesting thing is that the weight distribution gets thrown off, especially with a suspension fork. The rear wheel is so much easier to pop off trail obstacles and get over roots and rocks once you get rid of all of that "unnecessary crap"

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    Average age of our bicycles is 30. Not a one with suspension. The terrain has changed dramatically around here with thousands riding them, no maintenance, and a few horsed thrown in. What was once smooth is no longer. We just stick to our own backyard these days. Right out the backdoor. We live by the red circle.
    Thats pretty nice country. Surprised no one is doing maintenance on them, even if just for sustaining them. Horses usually are pretty brutal for mountain bike trails.

My singlespeed has a rigid fork. Pure and simple.

The comment about trails not changing has more to do with the whole 29" vs 26" wheel thing. It always amazes me the people who swear they can not ride the trails on an 26" bike anymore. I made the conversion to 29" wheels back in 2002 when I bought a Gary Fisher Mt. Tam 29, and have had to listen to haters from both sides.

Last edited by 34nineteen; 02-11-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast