Thread: Xb12ss exhaust mod

Xb12ss exhaust mod

Hi guys, just purchasing a 2007 xb12ss in the coming weeks and already looking into changing things around with it. Im very interested in playing around with the stock exhaust. It currently has a Termignoni exhaust on it but I find the sound of the stock exhaust with the internals ripped out so much better. I live in Australia and just wondering if any of you guys know of someone in Aus that might be able to help me out with these mods or have any potential ideas to give the current termignoni exhaust a deeper sound. I understand the Termignoni is very expensive and a good quality exhaust and hope you all dont slam me too much for wanted to put the stock back on lol. Any advice is greatly appreciated guys, love reading through all these post, everyone is so helpful. Cheers

Welcome to the forum! What you do to your bike is all your choice man, I just hope you ride it a lot

Buy stock muffler, cut off end, remove internals, weld a plate and tips on the end. Profit. Thats how mine is and I do like the deep tone. The size of the tips will change the volume dramatically. 1.75" duals is decent, 2.5" duals is loud!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Welcome to the forum! What you do to your bike is all your choice man, I just hope you ride it a lot

Buy stock muffler, cut off end, remove internals, weld a plate and tips on the end. Profit. Thats how mine is and I do like the deep tone. The size of the tips will change the volume dramatically. 1.75" duals is decent, 2.5" duals is loud!

Yeah thanks mate, the guy im getting this from has the stock exhaust so might play around with it when I get it back.