Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buell Is Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    is this outfit planning on peddling the marque as store-front "boutique" bikes? because no existing legit north american dealership would ever touch these again. and a start-up, other than BMW or H-D, quickly becoming a thing-of-the-past. BMW and H-D now merely trading existing fallen franchises.
    I wondered about this too. Kind of assumed they'd be almost "made to order" with very limited sales locations, maybe they can talk some powersports stores in to taking up the brand. The buzz ive heard at the dealer in omaha that briefly carried ebr is that they think buell coming back is cool and all, but they aren't jumping to get ahold of any. Im sure it took them plenty long to get rid of the few ebrs they stocked

Good point Cooter. Change happens. How many of those brands were bought and run by a company like LAP and the lack of experience in the business and engineering that made us fall in love with our Buells? Feel bad that Erik has lost control of the use of his name and the ways it is being used.

I question the artist choice for the design of the tourer model. The teaser photo on the website shows that big box on the front. I assumed it was a place holder until I googled the name and found his designs.
    https://jruiter.com/work/
    His stand alone stuff is cool, but I don't think boxy goes well with the Buell frame.
    Thoughts?

None of those designs fit our lifestyle but, we were born in the early 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohmeo View Post
    I question the artist choice for the design of the tourer model. The teaser photo on the website shows that big box on the front. I assumed it was a place holder until I googled the name and found his designs.
    https://jruiter.com/work/
    His stand alone stuff is cool, but I don't think boxy goes well with the Buell frame.
    Thoughts?
    Yeah, it looks like he's into box shaped vehicles. WTF!

That's just what I want from my motorcycle! Something ugly and soul-less!

So yoy want a Honda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12